Page 1 of 8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding (for all who dont know)

I dont support tourture, atall. No matter what, no matter what information is gained. Its not humane, and tbh it doesnt help.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Well I would have to say that it does help, how many terrorists do you think have been stopped and interrogated? For every one that we get info out of it could save the lives of hundreds of people. Now I don't support plain brutality, but this is probably the key to finding and stopping many terrorists.....
Yea, the first time I went waterboarding I just got destroyed out there, strong currents, huge wav........ wait a second, never mind.

I don't approve of any torture, from what I've seen in Rambo and Chuck Norris movies, it looks horrible.
Wow now that I look at that Wikepedia article I see it differently.
It seems a lot more cruel then I originally thought. I'm still not sure though.
These people that they are interrogating aren't saints you know. I'm sure they have outstanding records or incredibly incriminating evidence against them.
i dont think this should be used on ANYONE. i saw some videos on youtube and i read that nixon said it was one of the worst tortures one could subject someone to. And now its just called "enhacned interrogation" i hate how most of the people who agree with this are fat senators who have NEVER been to war and have never felt an ounce of pain in their life. I think they should be waterboarded.... By Henry Rollins!!!! how badass would that be.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by shredder2be93
Well I would have to say that it does help, how many terrorists do you think have been stopped and interrogated? For every one that we get info out of it could save the lives of hundreds of people. Now I don't support plain brutality, but this is probably the key to finding and stopping many terrorists.....

These are the same people who are blowing themselves up for their beliefs. Torture won't sway them.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i dont think this should be used on ANYONE. i saw some videos on youtube and i read that nixon said it was one of the worst tortures one could subject someone to. And now its just called "enhacned interrogation" i hate how most of the people who agree with this are fat senators who have NEVER been to war and have never felt an ounce of pain in their life. I think they should be waterboarded.... By Henry Rollins!!!! how badass would that be.

Pssht, Henry Rollins doesn't need to waterboard, he can neck people to death.
The entire concept of torture makes me want to vomit.

That wikipedia article almost made me sick. As a teenager safe and sound behind my computer, it's almost impossible to comprehend that stuff like this actually happens.

Disgusting.
Wow I started reading like 5 articles on this stuff and I must say, I'm shocked. A lot of messed up stuff happens. I don't support this anymore really.....
waterboarding is not torture. torture has to mean someone is being injured. being put under the water isnt injury. your friends throw you under water all the time at the pool. ive heard of some interrogation methods and theya re quite tame to the rusty blade that al qaeda uses to cut heads off
Quote by hardrock1315
These are the same people who are blowing themselves up for their beliefs. Torture won't sway them.

Pssht, Henry Rollins doesn't need to waterboard, he can neck people to death.

i just think he needs to go into congress and the senate and just beat the **** out of people. Some of those mother****ers need a good asswhooping.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
I can't believe people don't find this as a form of torture. I mean, what are they waiting for people to do so they can call it torture? Bring back the rack?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Just had a thought while reading this.. if waterboarding is torture, then aren't swirlies, as well? Should 8th grade bullies be punished under the Geneva Convention?
Quote by RHCP94
I can't believe people don't find this as a form of torture. I mean, what are they waiting for people to do so they can call it torture? Bring back the rack?

or the pair (cringes) did i spell that right? whatever

Again most of the people who think that have NEVER experienced any pain in their life. Thats what makes me sick. Thats why they need a good asswhooping.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Russian1
waterboarding is not torture. torture has to mean someone is being injured. being put under the water isnt injury. your friends throw you under water all the time at the pool. ive heard of some interrogation methods and theya re quite tame to the rusty blade that al qaeda uses to cut heads off

You have obviously not been present for a session. The US military has issued an edict declaring "waterboarding" a form of tortue and has banned its use. The CIA sees things differently. The CIA always sees thing differently.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
also it was used by The Gestapo and the Japenese(notorious for their brutal torture techniques) during World War II. Hell it was invented by the Spanish Inquisition. is this what we have come to?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Russian1

Read the wikipedia article, n00b.
It can leave lasting damage, and can even kill.

I have to say that this has just made me lose all hope in thinking that there's any humanity in the government anymore. This is disgusting.
not only is torture unethical and inhumane, but it isn't a reliable form of getting information, since people will say pretty much anything to make it stop. In the middle ages they got people to confess to flying through the air on broomsticks and having sex with the devil through torture, that should tell you how reliable it is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ yes in the old days. there is no recent event of a waterboarding related death/damage #1. #2 we have gotten info from terrorists by waterboarding. #3 if you dont want to be tortured, then give the information asked of you
No damage?! This is going to create some of the worst psychological damage you could think of! I can't even imagine the type of post-traumatic stress someone would go through after being tortured.

Torture is no more reliable than a lie detector test. For every person you catch, there's probably many more who are tortured needlessly.

There are going to be terrorist attacks regardless of whether you torture people or not. I'm all for utilitarianism, but this is not the answer.
its funny how terrorists are allowed to cut peoples heads off but the US is "bad" for using a mild form of torture
Quote by Inimical
No damage?! This is going to create some of the worst psychological damage you could think of! I can't even imagine the type of post-traumatic stress someone would go through after being tortured.

Torture is no more reliable than a lie detector test. For every person you catch, there's probably many more who are tortured needlessly.

There are going to be terrorist attacks regardless of whether you torture people or not. I'm all for utilitarianism, but this is not the answer.

terrorists dont flinch when the rusty machete is in your neck, neither should we
Quote by Russian1
terrorists dont flinch when the rusty machete is in your neck, neither should we

I can guarantee you that a majority of the people being tortured are not terrorists.
Quote by synpet713192
It can leave lasting damage, and can even kill.
Welcome to war!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Russian1
its funny how terrorists are allowed to cut peoples heads off but the US is "bad" for using a mild form of torture

Terrorists are breaking international laws. They are not simply "allowed" to do anything. However, the White House is being criticized for supporting it, because it IS torture. Don't believe me, get a dictionary.
And if you think it's mild, let someone do it to you. Feeling like you're drowning is no fun. I know, as I nearly drowned when I was 6. I coughed up nearly a pint of water afterwards.

EDIT: and that pint doesn't include the mouthful I immediately spit out when I got out of the water.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by Russian1

so we should do just as the terrorists do, good idea!!!! in fact im going to strap some C4 to myself and bomb a mosque filled wiht innocent people right now! thank you for enlightening me.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Russian1
i can guarantee that they are or would have been

People who are tortured also include those who are thought to know terrorists. They have people who are having names beaten out of them and the government is allowed to take those people and detain them based solely on hearsay evidence.

We don't allow this crap in the court systems, why are we allowing it here?
But if president Bush says its not torture, then it should be allowed shouldn't it? He is after all the authority on everything in the world seeing as America is the most powerful country in the world and could kick all your asses if we had to.

[/sarcasm]
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
How many innocents have confessed to crimes they have not committed just to end the torture? Countless.
Quote by Russian1
^ yes in the old days. there is no recent event of a waterboarding related death/damage #1. #2 we have gotten info from terrorists by waterboarding. #3 if you dont want to be tortured, then givrmation asked of youe the info

If I am being held as an enemy combatant it is my duty to my fellow brothers in arms to not divulge information that will bring them or their cause to harm. To that end the US military created the code of conduct. It was developed after the Korean war to help POWs endure.
I
I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
II
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
III
If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
IV
If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
V
When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
VI
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/blcode.htm
Provides an explanation for all the paragraphs.

I don't think I want you fighting on my side.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
waterboarding sounds pretty terrible. i dont know how simulating drowning wouldnt be considered torture.

definitely not something that should be used to interrogate someone.
hmmm. was this spawend by me and kiwi arguing in the WWII thread??? and yes I support it
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Jackal58
If I am being held as an enemy combatant it is my duty to my fellow brothers in arms to not divulge information that will bring them or their cause to harm. To that end the US military created the code of conduct. It was developed after the Korean war to help POWs endure.
I
I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
II
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
III
If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
IV
If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
V
When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
VI
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/blcode.htm
Provides an explanation for all the paragraphs.

I don't think I want you fighting on my side.

Thank you, Jackal. I don't think any other Pit-goer could say that with as much meaning.
Just a question has anyone here ever been in the military.???? also heres one to maul on.

Would you hurt one to save thousands or get thousands hurt to save one?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Just a question has anyone here ever been in the military.???? also heres one to maul on.

If you had to kill someone to save a thousand people then do it, however, torture doesn't have a high likelyhoood of saving anyone, since it's so unreliable and just pisses people off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
If you had to kill someone to save a thousand people then do it, however, torture doesn't have a high likelyhoood of saving anyone, since it's so unreliable and just pisses people off.

It's not as unrealiable as you think.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

Yes and both.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi