i want to buy this kit.... but i want it to be an awesome guitar....

http://cgi.ebay.com/LP-STYLE-SAGA-LC-10-GUITAR-BUILDERS-KIT-w-GIBSON-PICKS_W0QQitemZ140143748008QQihZ004QQcategoryZ47067QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

so i want an awesome paint job.....

I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO PAINT OR WHAT ANYTHING MEANS (for expample..i dont know wut clear coat, primer, or anything means)

I want to get this EXACT finish on my future LP project(but keeping the binding on it)!!!

what I want is a step by step tutorial how to get this paint job, and which supplies to get and how to get them....

remember that i dont know anything about this so please help me!!!!!!!!
Last edited by stormblown at Feb 6, 2008,
there is no way you will be able to paint that on your first try. that takes a lot of practice and know how.

your best bet is to either send it to a custom guitar painter or to get somebody local to do it.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
i have the saga LP kit, and if you want to have a finish like that, good luck
the guitars come with a polyeurethane coating on them, so even stomach and battery acid wont get it off. sanding will do, but the 'flamed maple top' is just a veneer, and its about 1/16th of an inch thick, and its VERY easy to sand through it, especially around the edges.
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
it looks like a chromolsion (sp?) semi-clear coat over a veneered top

theres horrible spraypaint kits that can do that but that will only end up looking like you did it with a horrible spraypaint kit.

i have a similar, yet much less noticable, effect on my custom built... theres a paintshop here in town that sells automotive paint, he mixed us a custom color of what appeared to be semi-clear blue and alot of pearl, im thinking the pearl effect may be what does it

but thats just my speculation

hope that helps =]