Poll: Which Stanley Kubrick movie is best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Stanley Kubrick movie is best?
The Killing
0 0%
Paths of Glory
0 0%
Spartacus
2 2%
Lolita
0 0%
Dr. Strangelove
14 13%
2001: space Odyssey
14 13%
A Clockwork Orange
26 25%
The shining
17 16%
Full Metal Jacket
31 30%
Eyes Wide shut
1 1%
Voters: 105.
which one is best?

I know Barry Lyndon is missing but there can only be 10 choices for the poll
Last edited by Iamafunguy at Feb 6, 2008,
American Wedding.

But really, Dr. Strangelove.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Full Metal Jacket

The Shining is a close second
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Full Metal Jacket. I still get chills from that scene where the fat guy goes crazy, shoots his drill sargeant then eats a bullet.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Who voted A Clockwork Orange?! It was an interesting interpretation, but IMO Burgess would NOT have been amused.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.

tuff call tho
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Strangelove closely followed by A clockwork Orange

But....I actually HATED full metal Jacket........
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Im going to geuss that most of the people who voted for Full Metal Jacket have seen no other Kubrick films. 2001, Strangelove, The Shining, classics. Jacket is pretty good at first, but then Pyle kills himself and then the movie goes down hill. Just another war movie.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
Im going to geuss that most of the people who voted for Full Metal Jacket have seen no other Kubrick films. 2001, Strangelove, The Shining, classics. Jacket is pretty good at first, but then Pyle kills himself and then the movie goes down hill. Just another war movie.

completely. The 1st half is fantastic, the 2nd does exactly what you said
"Pyle kills himself and then the movie goes down hill. Just another war movie."
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by FendermanOC

The Shining was pretty cool, but just not as good as Full Metal Jacket I don't think.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by Carswell98
Full Metal Jacket

The Shining is a close second

+1
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
The Shining was pretty cool, but just not as good as Full Metal Jacket I don't think.

I still have to say 2001.

Complete brilliance right there.
Just watch it.
That's your assignment.
I don't think people should be allowed to vote until they have seen 2001.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
3 day tie between a clockwork orange, dr strangelove, and 2001.

Dr strangelove
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
A Clockwork Orange
Dr. Stangelove
Barry Lyndon
The Shining
Lolita
Full Metal Jacket
Spartacus
Eyes Wide Shut

The ones I've seen arranged in order of how much I liked them.
A very tough choice between FMJ and Dr. Strangelove.
I went with Yeeeee Haaaaaa!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by FendermanOC
I don't think people should be allowed to vote until they have seen 2001.

haha, yeah I really like all of Kubrick's work. I think 2001 is a great film, but I'm more partial to war movies as opposed to sci-fi.

and no matter what people say about FMJ, I think that though it goes in a new direction after the half way point, it still is probably the best movie I've ever seen. It's so horribly depressing though.

edit- nice avatar dude

Trucks FTW
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Stan is the man. The shining is probably one of my favorites along with clockwork orange and strangelove and full metal jacket.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
ooooh
id have to say clockwork
Quote by Cheesepuff
I get creeped out when fat people stare at me.

Quote by flame843
EDGAR ALLEN PWNED.
Doctor Strangelove: Or How i stopped worrying and learned to love the atomic bomb.
Clockwork is one of my favorite movies.
I love most Kubrick stuff, though. The Shining would have been my second choice.
Strangelove.
But it'd be hard to rank the rest of 'em. Ace filmmaker.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I'm going to be bold and say Eyes Wide Shut was his best. I think his craft was simply perfection in that film.
Finally a good poll! 2001, followed closely by A Clockwork Orange. (Why so many Full Metal Jacket votes?)
Full Metal Jacket is the only one I've seen so that. The Shining looks good though and I'm interested to watch Clockwork Orange.
Tie for me between Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket.

Who voted A Clockwork Orange?! It was an interesting interpretation, but IMO Burgess would NOT have been amused.

Really? I thought that was for sure one of the best book to film adaptions Ive ever seen! The ONLY thing that was in the book and not the film was the final chapter about Alex turning over a new leaf on his own, which would have been too much for the movie to endure.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
My favourite that I've seen is Full Metal Jacket, but Dr Strangelove is a better film. I hated A Clockwork Orange, I think it's dreadfully overrated, and not that good.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
I hated A Clockwork Orange, I think it's dreadfully overrated, and not that good.

+642772784939653
NOIZE
It's tough to point out what ones best out of them. A Clockwork Orange, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket are all very different films. But I went for A Clockwork Orange, because it took a great mind to put A Clockwork Orange on film.
Real men don't need sigs.