Posted a thread abut this like 20 minutes ago, but people wanted pics. so here ya go.

for those that didn't read the last thread, i noticed the frets were uneven on one of my guitars, so i ripped all the frets off and now it sounds cool.

Frets are for sissies anyways.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
awesome. you have to have really good intonation to use one of those things though. i wish i had one just to help me develop a better ear.

i have a crappy guitar i can mess up.

how'd you take off the frets?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
spinalshred
i hate you for your sig. i clicked it. WTF
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
spinalshred

hovering FTW.

did you delete the other thread though? and you realize that there is an "EDIT" function, right?
sup?
Your sig is full of lame, but it doesn't lie.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by calebrocker
awesome. you have to have really good intonation to use one of those things though. i wish i had one just to help me develop a better ear.

i have a crappy guitar i can mess up.

how'd you take off the frets?

i just got in the corner of the fret with a jewler screwdriver and pried, but i heard from my friend(who made his bass fretless) that if you heat the fret with a soldering iron first, it will come out much easier. me, being a lazy sack of ****, just skipped that step. you also have to sand down the neck once you pry the frets off, or else you'll get splinters.
That's a beautiful guitar...

But if you wanted it fretless, you should've just bought a fretless neck and attached it instead of prying off the frets...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
A few of my friends have done this and it works nicely but you should put some kind of filler wood putty in the cracks were the frets used to be.
Quote by rush5757
either i'm crazy or that's tape holding your pickups to your guitar...

the tape is not holding the pickups in.

well, its holding in the neck pickup. but thats it.
you're fretboards going to get raped everytime you play unless you cover it with like, epoxy, or polyeurathane something....
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
sick dude
thats one hell of a finish too
did u make it urself?
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by PlayMadness
That's a beautiful guitar...

But if you wanted it fretless, you should've just bought a fretless neck and attached it instead of prying off the frets...

eh, it wasnt a very good neck anyway. i just did it for kicks.

and thax for thinkin my guitar is nice.
Quote by Hohn042
wow i just got the worst rick rolling ever!

Details before I click?

Nice guitar BTW.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by itsxsteves
sick dude
thats one hell of a finish too
did u make it urself?

i bout it stock, then routed the body out for a 3rd humbucker, then got chrome everything (used to have gold accessories) then i re shaped and re painted the neck, ripped out the frets, and put in a killswitch.

its also got a battery powered strobe light behind it (cuz the body is translucent)

its pretty sweet
Quote by matosh.lee
spinalshred

+1

but yeah, nice fretless man
I breathe air.
noob question...how do you play a fretless guitar...is it only harmonics or am i just half a retard?...don't hurt me *cowers in fear*
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Details before I click?

Nice guitar BTW.

first you get rick rolled, then you can't exit and a window keeps popping up with a line of lyrics, at first i lol'd then it was annoying
Quote by Hohn042
first you get rick rolled, then you can't exit and a window keeps popping up with a line of lyrics, at first i lol'd then it was annoying

So it's a regular Rick Roll.

not clicking
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by bobby_splax
noob question...how do you play a fretless guitar...is it only harmonics or am i just half a retard?...don't hurt me *cowers in fear*

You press the string down until it touches the fretboard, where it would normally touch a fret.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
You press the string down until it touches the fretboard, where it would normally touch a fret.

oh...so it basically works normally then?...that's cool...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
TS, just to let you know, you could get banned for the link in your sig... I saw people who did the same thing in the FotB.
Nice work, btw. Now time to fill up the holes and refinish the fingerboard (otherwise, you're lazy).
And is that other guitar a WG-587? I had one of those...
How do you get rid of "Rick Roll". This is really pissing me off. It went through the song twice now and it won't disappear.

Edit: Nevermind...
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by bobby_splax
oh...so it basically works normally then?...that's cool...

Well you have to press your finger exactly where the fret was to hit the note, so you have to be precise in your fingering or you'll be flat or sharp. Just look at how bowed string instruments though, same deal - no frets.

Quote by Sabbath89
How do you get rid of "Rick Roll". This is really pissing me off. It went through the song twice now and it won't disappear.

Step 1: Turn off your speakers.
Step 2: Ctrl Alt Del, and end task?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
so, would I need an electric sander, or just sandpaper? I can just take my guitar to school and take it to the wood shop people and have the teacher fill it and make it all nice. the guitar's just a crappy strat copy anyway.

so...take a screwdriver and pop the frets out. then take it to school and get it filled and sanded? I don't want to mess the fingerboard up though.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
so, would I need an electric sander, or just sandpaper? I can just take my guitar to school and take it to the wood shop people and have the teacher fill it and make it all nice. the guitar's just a crappy strat copy anyway.

so...take a screwdriver and pop the frets out. then take it to school and get it filled and sanded? I don't want to mess the fingerboard up though.

the srewdriver i used was really small, so it didn't leave any gouges that couldn't be sanded out. i'd just use sandpaper for sanding it, you dont want to sand off too much
Quote by synpet713192
TS, just to let you know, you could get banned for the link in your sig... I saw people who did the same thing in the FotB.
Nice work, btw. Now time to fill up the holes and refinish the fingerboard (otherwise, you're lazy).
And is that other guitar a WG-587? I had one of those...

it's an RG120, actually.

i'm gunna fill the holes in as soon as i get some wood filler.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
DUDE...... pics of the strobe light in action.

next time i get my hands on a video camera, i'll make a vid and put it on youtube.