ok, so today, i played a 7 string for the first time, and i have fallen in love. i want to get or build a 7 string guitar. so i have a few questions.

basically, if i were to buy a 7 string, which would be the best guitar to get, but with a price range of 0 to about 500 bux

and secondly, for building a 7 string, where can i find a body, and neck to buy together that are compatible to build a 7 string?

today i played an ibanez, which was pretty good, it was like 375 bux at guitar center, seemed like an entry-level 7 string....which i would consider for a person who is intermediate...just because of knowing what to do with the 7th string (i know i wouldnt have known what to do about 2 years ago....i didnt even know they existed) the other one i played was a shecter, and i liked that too. it was about 6 or 700 bux, it had a pearl binding and a cool inlay on the fretboard.....i cant remember model names. so perhaps a medium between those two?
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Last edited by reed12321 at Feb 6, 2008,
Should be in the guitar gear forum...but still. I'd say go Schecter...or ESP
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Reported for move
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
why are you moving it, im more interested in building one, i only included those guitars cause i liked the sound of them and wanted to replicate that as much as possible
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Schecter Damien-7 is about $449 US these days and it's great for a midrange 7

Also the Schecter Omen-7 Extreme is only about $379 US and it's got a coil tap and very nice blackcherry finish like the hellraisers.

I'm a Schecter fanboy but every day I loathe my Ibanez AX7221 more and more and wish I could afford the Loomis standard that just came out, though I may also settle for one of the two above mentioned.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Look for a used Ibanez RG7620 (trem)/7621 (no trem), or if you don't have the $$$ a RG7420. Both guitars play better (imo) than the RG7321 you played at GC.
It's going to be pretty hard to build one for under $500. The pickups are going to run about $80 a piece, bridges run about $100, a tremolo would be about $200. The neck and body...depending on the wood is going to be about $200-$500 total.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
It's going to be pretty hard to build one for under $500. The pickups are going to run about $80 a piece, bridges run about $100, a tremolo would be about $200. The neck and body...depending on the wood is going to be about $200-$500 total.

im not a fan of tremolos, so id just get a hard tail. but still thats like 50 bux
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Demon_dave

Also the Schecter Omen-7 Extreme is only about $379 US and it's got a coil tap and very nice blackcherry finish like the hellraisers.

I'm a Schecter fanboy but every day I loathe my Ibanez AX7221 more and more and wish I could afford the Loomis standard that just came out, though I may also settle for one of the two above mentioned.

allright ill check those out. but the thing about the 7 strings i played, was that the low b, was too bass-ey, and it was really muffled. i was playing on a line 6 amp at guitar center, and i turned the treble up and turned the bass down, and set it to a clean setting and it was like crazy bass-ey
Quote by Øttər
Ibanez Rg1527 (i think) - I seen 'em about for £550. Not sure how that converts into your currency, you didn't specify which 'bux' you use. If you're american, it'll be like $1000 though, maybe a little over your price range. (It probably won't be that much, considering guitars in GBP are expensive)
Quote by Mazzakazza
Ibanez Rg1527 (i think) - I seen 'em about for £550. Not sure how that converts into your currency, you didn't specify which 'bux' you use. If you're american, it'll be like $1000 though, maybe a little over your price range. (It probably won't be that much, considering guitars in GBP are expensive)

yes im american
Quote by Øttər
Schecter Omen/Damien 7, or Ibanez RG7321.

Or, probably the cheapest 7-string I've seen: the Washburn X27.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Schecter Omen/Damien 7, or Ibanez RG7321.

Or, probably the cheapest 7-string I've seen: the Washburn X27.

yeah um no. not going with any cheapie guitars. like i said, i played the shecter, and i liked it, but between the shecter i played and the ibanez i played, theres like a 300 dollar difference. price isnt everything though, its how it sounds. but i do like the look of the omen and the damien. i was thinking something along the lines of maybe the ibanez s7320 but thats probably the most ill spend.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by TheShred201
Carvin has neck through 7 string necks. It isn't that hard to find some wood to make the body wings with.

yeah actually, my dad has a big piece of mahogany in the workshop, and he might give it to me, so i might consider that. however i went to guitar center again today and played the shecter 7 string, i figured out its the hellraiser c-7 but on the guitar center website its more expensive than it is in the store. but im still amazed at it.
Quote by Øttər
Yeah I'd say go with the Schecter, or the Ibanez S7320, it's a great guitar, Way better than the RG7321 (mahogany > basswood for 7's IMO).
i would definetly say gof or a shecter Jeff Loomis 7 string its nice man, theres two versions the FL and the string through, they are alittle extra but god they got soem kicks with the EMG707s its lovely
Quote by Demon_dave

yea the schecters are very nice!

if your on a budget the best is:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_7_blk.htm?partner_id=59917

in my opinion