proof that real skillz will always outshine amps, recording equipment, etc. both playing wise and recording wise it was pretty good. cant really see how to improve the tone. sounds somewhat digital but it is an MG. i like the cab sound.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
^Well it is an MG....
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
^Well it is an MG....

Touche.!

On a side note... I have that exact same amp, and I find the opposite. I find that I can get a decent clean out of it, but I have trouble finding a good distorted tone that I like (doesn't mean that it can't be done though). I don't use it that much, I don't have the patience to fiddle with the settings.
Great song, I can hear the MGness in it but the tone wasn't bad. I guess with the right recording gear and good playing you can make any amp sound decent.

Great drum part too, and good overall production too.

It would be fun if you posted this in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum with like "guess the amp". See what all the gearheads think of that.

Obviosly it's a flawed plan, as it says its an MG on your track info, but still....
^Yeah I would really like to see you change the title and post this in GG&A just to give some of the know it alls over there something to think about.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by sam i am
It would be fun if you posted this in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum with like "guess the amp". See what all the gearheads think of that.

Obviosly it's a flawed plan, as it says its an MG on your track info, but still....

+1

I say do eet...

On the other hand, the chances of some smartass blindly saying MG or Line 6 in the first post is pretty high. It's just that big of a thing in there.

Also, I saw you were using DKFH, very nice the drums sound good.

DS
You my friend, are a really good guitarist. Not only do you have playing skills, but you have a good musical sense. That song has some SERIOUS potential. That would fit right in at home on modern rock radio, but still shows off your guitar talent. I heard traces of Tool and Buckethead in that song in some of the phrasing. They among your influences?
Quote by moody07747
great playing skills but yea it is a little digital at times.
what interface are you using?
all i see listed is the Toob preamp and a mic...

lol standard...pretty much just a realtek hd input that came stock with my hp. why is an interface so important??? (yeah i'm a noob)

and thanx for listening guys ^^^
Quote by eXperiment63
You my friend, are a really good guitarist. Not only do you have playing skills, but you have a good musical sense. That song has some SERIOUS potential. That would fit right in at home on modern rock radio, but still shows off your guitar talent. I heard traces of Tool and Buckethead in that song in some of the phrasing. They among your influences?

Dude thanx heaps for putting the ear out.

and btw hahahaha BUCKETHEAD ...lol geet ****ED, as if. sorry - he IS awesome. but his phrasing is just all over the place.

anyways thanx.
Seriously... 1:10-1:25, you will hear a very similar phrasing in a LOT of his work. Especially the way you ended it with the bending. A slow build up to some slight bending of high notes. I've heard something similar to that little riff in probably 3-4 of his songs.
an audio interface, be it one that connects via firewire, USB or mounts in your desktop via PCI will bypss your stock sound card which was not made for recording and therefore will always give poor recording results.

It sounded like you were using a stock sound card to my ear.

If you are running a laptop then try a USB 2.0 interface like one of the E-MU units.
if you are running a desktop, try a PCI interface card like the m-audio 2496 and a small Yamaha MG mixer. Either one will give you much better recordings...add that up with your skills and you will have a top notch song.