Just today i discovered that one of my managers at my work is willing to sell a Johnsons acoustic. I've really never heard anything about these guitars....so I would like some opinions. He hasnt said a certain kind of johnson but he wants $50 and hes had it for 6 or 7 years but hasnt played it recently because he got a new one. I was just wanting some opinions and to know how much of a deal this would be. thanks.

btw is anyone else in southeastern wisconsin and caught in this 1 1/2 ft. so-far snowstorm?
Models
Acoustic Guitar
Parlor Guitar

JG-KIT
Acoustic Guitar PlayerPac

The acoustic guitar starter kit with everything you need to fulfill your musical dreams!

Includes:

• Acoustic Guitar (JG-610)

• eMedia Starter Guitar CD-ROM

• Gig Bag

• Electronic Tuner

• Peg Winder

• Guitar Strap

• Six Celluloid Picks

List: $143.99
theyre pretty bad
but for 50 bucks, why not?
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I have a Johnson...and it sucks, but it's flippin durable and it's fun to play and I got it for $40. I always feel like playing a crap guitar makes you that much better when you play a good one - I say go for it.
My brother purchased one on ebay about 2 years ago. I did not know any thing about guitars then and hated how much it hurt my fingers. then when i went shopping for an electric and saw how low the action is supposed to be i understood. I lowered the saddle to the point where the i bottom side of it is almost flush with the bridge and the action is still almost twice as high as it should be. It doesn't stay in tune very well either. It a JG 620. I would offer him $25 and just use the thing a few months to build finger strength and callouses! Its still a step up from an Estaben though!!
to be fair, johnson does make some better acoustics too -- some are even full solid wood.

You can get a small name guitar that is pretty good sometimes, and action isnt a problem, you can set up acoustic guitars too lol...

anyway, I say try it out, look at the wood quality, and more important the tone/volume of the guitar.

if its good buy it, if not, then just don't...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
yeah ill have to check it out....he's bringing it to work on saturday and i'll try it out.
You get what you pay for !!!
If it is half decent why does'nt he want to keep it?
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!