i recently bought a valve jr to use with my 1x12. the sole purpose of buying it was so that i could crank it, i sure do and i love to use it with my tubescreamer maxed out to get that insane overdrive. while i love it i always get this horrible buzz, hum, and feedback that i can barely hear myself play over it. i heard that the isp decimator is a great noise gate, would that solve my problem and make it completely quiet?
Yea the Decimator is basically the industry standard.

@IbanezPsycho
Is the VK uncontrollably noisy w/o the gate? Or just a bit
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h

lolololololol!! thats so wrong. i think more metal bands use the NS-2 than the decimator pedal. now the prorackG is a different story.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
lolololololol!! thats so wrong. i think more metal bands use the NS-2 than the decimator pedal. now the prorackG is a different story.

Let me rephrase it.

Its the industry standard for people who can tell when their tone isnt getting swallowed up by a tone hobo.

Happy?

The NS-2 is ****.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkB4csSmoRU
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h

@IbanezPsycho
Is the VK uncontrollably noisy w/o the gate? Or just a bit

Its a toss up.... It depends on were you set your gain and how much of it your using and then guitar placement is a factor. If your sitting close to your guitar with pickups facing the amp and high gain then it will feedback like crazy once you go past 6-7. But im also using emgs and everything gain related is plugged in and pushed on. Also thats were the hum and static kicks in. So yea i would say it is needed at very high gain levels. Clean channel makes no noise what so ever so you wont have to worry if your in there. And lastly if you using a OD pedal and the gain channel ohh yea its a must...
Quote by mike.h
Let me rephrase it.

Its the industry standard for people who can tell when their tone isnt getting swallowed up by a tone hobo.

Happy?

The NS-2 is ****.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkB4csSmoRU

the NS-2 isnt affecting the tone to warrant it as "****"... the decimator pedal is not that amazing. if you dont know why, then your really not in a position to say what is and what isnt "****".
Well Enough Alone