Hi, I need some help, I've got a song going where the lead guitar primarily plays within the first 5 frets of the low e string, and i need to add some chords to this thing. Any chord suggestions, or charts/sites you could point me to? Thanks.
Learn music theory. Start by learning all of the notes on the fretboard, then learn all you can about the major scale. Check the stickied thread for some info to get you started.
Quote by CowboyUp
Learn music theory. Start by learning all of the notes on the fretboard, then learn all you can about the major scale. Check the stickied thread for some info to get you started.

doesnt sound like this will help you soon. I would recommend trying E for starters. F, F#, G, G#, A. those are the first five notes on the e string from 1-5. but just start with something your root chord kind of and go from there
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
He needs to learn, otherwise he'd just stabbing in the dark. The first five frets contain all 11 notes in multiple octaves, there's no diatonic key that fits all of them, and without knowledge of exactly what he's playing he nor us will have any way of helping him.
If your lead piece plays only on the first five frets, it's likely that there would only be up to a two-chord progression that would seem fit.

But that's just personally how I write songs.
I doubt he is playing chromatically. He's probably playing a G major scale or something along those lines. I think by "1 to 5" he meant the the notes are contained within there.
Quote by CowboyUp

lol... i read your signature right after your post...pretty necessary
Quote by CarsonChigurh
Hi, I need some help, I've got a song going where the lead guitar primarily plays within the first 5 frets of the low e string, and i need to add some chords to this thing. Any chord suggestions, or charts/sites you could point me to? Thanks.

yr lead is 5 notes on the low e?? sounds like a rythem to me hah try chording that than writing a lead