Pentagrams w/ ARAYA @ 12th Fret
24 XJ
None
Black Nickel
Gotoh
Gotoh 206B-4
EMG 35DC Active Set
Vol / Bal / Tone

(Yea I copied from the ESP site, i'm lazy. Fill in the blanks!)
Gear
ESP-LTD B-55 5-String Bass
Dean Edge-09
Hartke HA2500 on a VX-4x10

ESP-LTD EC-50 Guitar
Line6 Spider III 30watt
i learned my lesson about signatures. they sell (and some times are overpriced) because someone slapped their name on it. but unless you play almost exactly like them and have the same amp and effects. its pretty much not worth it. because its hard to get the same sound. i dont know much about the Araya bass. but im betting its similar to my experience with the yamaha myung sig and the geddy lee fender sig.
not sure if i have ever seen the real esp model. the ones i see him use live are ltd, so i bet the esp model is badass
i agree with the aforementioned just slapping a name on it and selling for more, unless you have a chance to play it along side the stock model, and a non signature for the same price i would not feel comfortable buying it, i know ESP makes excellent guitars, im not sure if they are the same with the basses or if they pull a gibson and slap bass bridges and strings onto a guitar body.
Quote by BassmanArk
i agree with the aforementioned just slapping a name on it and selling for more, unless you have a chance to play it along side the stock model, and a non signature for the same price i would not feel comfortable buying it, i know ESP makes excellent guitars, im not sure if they are the same with the basses or if they pull a gibson and slap bass bridges and strings onto a guitar body.

Esp makes a decent quality bass. im a huge fan of ESP guitars, got the shirt to prove it. its rare in the cheap guitar market that you can buy one of the 50 series and it still sound good. but i am kinda leery on there 5 string bass necks. the 155 i had started warping when i put a set of .45 to 130s on it.
^you probably needed to reset the action
and to TS ESP makes some really nice basses and some not so nice basses just like any company, and their cheap basses really aren't bad especially for metal.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
wasnt the action. i took it in for a trade and he showed me the warp. i wasnt really ready for a 5 string at the time. and i was faster with a 4 string. that part of me has changed. now i cant play a 4 with out getting lost. so i have two 5s. a schecter stiletto deluxe 5 and a squier jazz deluxe 5.
Quote by BassmanArk
if they pull a gibson and slap bass bridges and strings onto a guitar body.

They do that with a few of their models, but this thing, is sexy:

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Tried it, wasn't that great for the price (They had 2 models a £400 and £700). But if you play slayer then what you waiting for?

Looks cool though!
The specs on the Tom Araya Sig aren't bad (very typical "metal" or ESP setup), but it's overpriced.

I'd look at a higher end Ibanez, or even a Spector Euro for the same price.
Quote by damienblack333
Esp makes a decent quality bass. im a huge fan of ESP guitars, got the shirt to prove it. its rare in the cheap guitar market that you can buy one of the 50 series and it still sound good. but i am kinda leery on there 5 string bass necks. the 155 i had started warping when i put a set of .45 to 130s on it.

ive had my ltd B405 for over a year now and no warpadge to my neck and i use a 130s on my B string.

the tom araya bas sounds like a really beefy american standard jazz bass to put it's tone into perspective. it doesent have a EQ curcuit on it. from my experience Bass EMGs without a EQ cuicuit on it sound really woody/midrangy snarl.

i would seriously recomend the F404 over the tom araya it will have way more low end and be way more versitle then the tom araya signature simply because it has the 3 band active EQ.

as far as ESPs and signature artist models. i think that they are somewhat reasonable. they make the guitars exactly how the artists guitars are personally unlike epiphoone that will put HZs on the Zakk wylde signature for example. but yes signature models ingeneral are going to be more expensive.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E