Master Of Puppets or Ride the Lightning?
I'm thinking that RTL is less well know.
Rtl is teh ****.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
i agree. but, none the less master of puppets is a great song and no one would really care if you play it
if your gonna do puppets you better do it good or watch out for fast moving flying objects
Yeah everyone tries to learn Master of Puppets and it's one of the first songs chosen by almost any metal cover band. Learn Ride The Lightning, it is less known an still is a really cool song.
Neither are tacky to play, although EVERYONE knows puppets note for note so they'll know if you don't play it right.
RTL is definitely covered less.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The only part on RTL Im not sure about is that harmonized part in the solo near the end. Any ideas how to do it?
whats harmonized mean?

i got rtl in tab in my guitar world. buy the kirk hammett 1
Quote by jake911
play call of ktulu.

+1
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by jake911
play call of ktulu.

Very hard to pull off right. And the audience will be yawning after two minutes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Call of Ktulu is great, but my fav is Fade to Black from the same album., I don't care whether or not people think it's tacky.... The intro into that great Am, C, G, Em with that Am-Bm slide picking pattern is killer, .... If played right, that sh!t is killer
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by jake911
play call of ktulu.

Great song. When I play it, I try to mix up the verse riffs, and add some other stuff so it doesn't get too repetitve.

Of those two, Ride the Lightning is the one I would learn.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Play something older even, like Motorbreath or Jump in the Fire.
Imagine you were at my station
And you brought your motor to me
Your a burner yeah a real motor car
Said you wanna get your order filled
Made me shiver when I put it in
Pumping just wont do ya know luckily for you
Play Megadeth instead.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
dont do mop, overplayed. I'm gonna do battery played normally, in drop d... so far so good. at 80bpm, i'm awesome ahha
Quote by henza_x
dont do mop, overplayed. I'm gonna do battery played normally, in drop d... so far so good. at 80bpm, i'm awesome ahha

That reminds me, how do you guys play the part at the beginning of Battery? I play all 4 guitar parts at once, it's pretty hard, but it helps get that grand sound to it.

How do you do it?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
yeah it starts 2 strings, then 3 strings. Its basically chords, but just the top parts playing while guitarist number 2 does rhytm.

SO. G bar chord. Am bar chord. A minor Open but just selected strings
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Play Megadeth instead.

GAG.

hangar 18 is sweet to play though.
Trapped Under Ice is amazing and is less well known by the masses.

Disposable Heroes has an epic sound.

Four Horsemen is great, Anything from Kill em all, one of the most underplayed albums.

Something from And Justice for All... would be good but avoid And Justice for all as people tend to get bored of it.

If you want something less common i would avoid the Black album. Orion or any other instrumental would be good, but you would piss off a few die hard fans, a few places get out of hand when a someone messes up on Orion or Pulling teeth, you dont piss off metallica fans trying to play like Cliff, but if they are well done, and ive heard one great cover of orion since there is no singing its almost as good, the place went insane.
Dyers Eve.

NAO!

Back on topix, I'd go with Ride. The solo in it is friggin' amazing. Better than the MOP solo IMHO.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ok, I think RTL is a better choice... but I'm still a bit confused about the harmony bit in the solo. I was thinking of either just playing one of the harmony parts, or maybe use a tap delay effect to double the signal. It still wouldn't sound exactly like the solo, but I think it would sound better than just playing one part.
Quote by exect4500
i agree. but, none the less master of puppets is a great song and no one would really care if you play it

I would. There would be an ass kicking. I get sick of hearing that high-school metal (and I'm in high school ) every time I freaking go anywhere that there are guitar players I know.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.