Would this Ibanez Artcore AS73 be an improvement over my current guitar which is a Squire Strat?

Also my dad (who doesn't play guitar btw in case that matters) think that I need a new guitar. I have a fair understanding of scales and keys and can read basic sheet music. Money isn't the issue, as I do have enough money to buy this guitar. How do you know when you've outgrown your first guitar?
you can tell whem you need a new one when your old one falls apart lol. Or when you start to realise its limitations etc. Or if you just feel like you want another...

That guitar is DEFINITELY an improvement, but it depends on what kind music you like to play. Forget about playing metal on that :P
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
you can tell whem you need a new one when your old one falls apart lol. Or when you start to realise its limitations etc. Or if you just feel like you want another...

That guitar is DEFINITELY an improvement, but it depends on what kind music you like to play. Forget about playing metal on that :P

I don't plan on playing metal. I like to play mostly blues stuff.
Then thats a good guitar! Id prefer a Seraton II but the articore series is supposed to be decent. YOU MUST GET IT IN PINK IF POSSIBLE
Quote by Horizon FR-II
Then thats a good guitar! Id prefer a Seraton II but the articore series is supposed to be decent. YOU MUST GET IT IN PINK IF POSSIBLE

lol It doesn't come in pink. I think I'll go with the glossy red color.
You should get a deeper tone with those humbuckers, compared with your strat pickups.

any chance you can road test one at a music shop ?

if not have search around for some sound samples or try youtube, see if it is to your liking.

playing one of those hollowbodies may feel completely different to the Squire Strat your

used to, hands on before buying is still the best way to choose a guitar.
IBANEZ SZ320
VOX AD30VT VAVLETRONIX
Wow, I'd heard of these Artcore guitars but never really looked at them; that blue one is hella sexy. It's a shame I don't like hollow body electrics else I reckon I'd snatch one up straight away.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by guitarnoobie
I don't plan on playing metal. I like to play mostly blues stuff.

I play blues, and I have an AS73. It's a good classic rock guitar, but I like my Squire Tele more for blues. It's all your own flavour, but I will say that the AS73 can get heavier that you'd expect.