Poll: Join The Crappy School Rock Band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Join The Crappy School Rock Band?
Yeah, You Can Get Good Experience From It
60 70%
Nah, If It's Not Your Style, Don't Bother
26 30%
Voters: 86.
Hmm, help me out here

I don't really like the rock band at my school because they always play these stupid pop songs with are boring and no fun and i rekon the teacher in charge is stupid

But if I do join it, I'll get experience from performing and rehearsing

What do you think?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
You will get experience. But you should try and edge in with a song you like. They will fall eventually.
Meh...An official school thing?
Not kvlt enough. Find yourself a Norwegian, a basement, some goats, candles, and get good at drawing pentagrams.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
School rock band?

Well, if your school has a jazz band, I recommend joining that instead (especially if the "rock band" is as you described)
Yeah, there is a jazz band at our school, I would actually enjoy playing jazz and blues a lot more even though I'm a Iron Maiden freak

And I've only been playing seriously for 1 year, I can play stuff like Fade To Black without the end solo and Powerslave without the solos
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Yeah, but i'm not sure if the jazz band will run this year because one of our music teachers left who ran the jazz band

Anyway, They said they will make two rock bands and one of them has people i hang with in it and i asked if we could play metal and it was a dead no because our teacher can't handle anything heavier than Pink
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Dumb, why are you even considering joining a crappy band start your own and kick that bands @$$
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
the second a song is played that can be misinterpreted as drug or sex related the band is done so go with the jazz band like me.
If you do join it, you'll get experience in things with the style that you don't like if ya get what I mean
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by Dimster Ds
Yeah, but i'm not sure if the jazz band will run this year because one of our music teachers left who ran the jazz band

Anyway, They said they will make two rock bands and one of them has people i hang with in it and i asked if we could play metal and it was a dead no because our teacher can't handle anything heavier than Pink

truly, Iron Maiden really isn't "heavy." I'm sure a song like the trooper would produce an "oh geez, that's a cool song" from everyone.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
truly, Iron Maiden really isn't "heavy." I'm sure a song like the trooper would produce an "oh geez, that's a cool song" from everyone.

Not sure about that in a school dominated by people who listen to sneaky sound system and stuff
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Yeah, there are songs i want to do that is within the rock band's area so I'll just go to a couple more rehersals, i don't like it, I'll quit

And if I leave, they teacher will be the only guitarist
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Dimster Ds
Not sure about that in a school dominated by people who listen to sneaky sound system and stuff

what is sneaky sound system? is that a band?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Anty 7
do it for the experience.

and the girls.

seriously

lol, I actually wanted to join it in the first place because i thought this chick I liked was going to be in it

Also, it has chick singers and they get to choose what they want to sing to, that could be a reason, shoulda said that earlier, and for me, I don't like being in bands with a chick singer because then it looks like a wannabe band, it's just me, the teacher also said he would pay a male to sing because there isn't any in the school.

But even we did, i doubt we would playing stuff like Metallica or Iron Maiden because he once said to me "Who in their right mind would listen to a metal band" he is also a bad guitarist with no emotion
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Its_Rock77
what is sneaky sound system? is that a band?

It's an australian techno band with 2 males and a chick singer, everyone listens to it because "it's in"
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

The experience is invaluable. You'll get a feel for playing in an ensemble, which is a lot harder than it looks. You'll get a chance to develop a good sense of interacting and performing with other musicians. I think you should do it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I guess you can get some good experience from playing with other people. And you can always quit later if you find something better.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
You may as well join it so you get the experience and the girls... Also if you like jumping around and headbanging do that while playing because even then you won't make a mistake...
Quote by Dimster Ds
lol, I actually wanted to join it in the first place because i thought this chick I liked was going to be in it

Also, it has chick singers and they get to choose what they want to sing to, that could be a reason, shoulda said that earlier, and for me, I don't like being in bands with a chick singer because then it looks like a wannabe band, it's just me, the teacher also said he would pay a male to sing because there isn't any in the school.

But even we did, i doubt we would playing stuff like Metallica or Iron Maiden because he once said to me "Who in their right mind would listen to a metal band" he is also a bad guitarist with no emotion

*Points to Sinergy/Arch Enemy*

They're wannabe's?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Sinergy/Arch Enemy*

They're wannabe's?

Nah, not them

But with me, I just feel like that
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by PhobiXa
You may as well join it so you get the experience and the girls... Also if you like jumping around and headbanging do that while playing because even then you won't make a mistake...

I haven't played live before, but I'd want to run around a bit and headbang a lot.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit the song and it would look bad, but thanks for the idea
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Altered_Carbon
Meh...An official school thing?
Not kvlt enough. Find yourself a Norwegian, a basement, some goats, candles, and get good at drawing pentagrams.

+1
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

couldn't you try both bands, this will broaden your knowledge, give you a chance to choose from first hand experience and also give you chance to give your own opinions

well thats if theres no goats or norwegians...hahaha
You're school has its own rock band?

All our school has is a guitarless jazz band.

Yea, you'll get good experience if you join.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.