I'm aware of the process of defretting the bass, but I'm unaware of the reason for deftretting the bass. Why defrett the bass? Does it help with tone control or wha??
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
It makes it a fretless bass???

This seems too easy, like its a trick question
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by KevnTone
It makes it a fretless bass???

This seems too easy, like its a trick question

Haha.
Like he said it just makes it a fretless bass...

defretting... fretless bass...
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
people defret their bass to make a fretless bass.

I don't really like the idea, because that wears down your fretboard really fast. It would be better to buy an acual fretless bass.
~Insert Signature Here~
Quote by Gibsocam
people defret their bass to make a fretless bass.

I don't really like the idea, because that wears down your fretboard really fast. It would be better to buy an acual fretless bass.

It doesn't wear your fretboard down really fast at all. I defretted my bass over a year ago now, and coated it in a thin layer of resin. I've noticed no wear yet.
can someone put up a link to good instructions on how to defret?
this sig rocks....
Quote by cheugonjr
can someone put up a link to good instructions on how to defret?

just check the gear and customization forum or search for it, that should turn up a lot of stuff coz thers been a lot of posts about defretting. theres even one somewhere on these forums which shows how to do step by step with pictures.