I'm wanting to get one tomorrow. I have a Palomino V8 and get a good amount of hum feedback with my Bad Monkey on it. Is the NS-2 worth my money? I'm stapped for cash and really want to solve my noise problem. Thanks...
check the level on the bad monkey, it might be too loud
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
When I have the level at 3 on my BM it wont do it but its not dirty enough for me. I like the level at atleast 6 and gain at 9. My amp is set at 9 for gain and level.
I have the NS-2. Essential piece of gear I would say. It cleans your sound up nicely
check out the decimator, most people claim that it's the best noise gate/ suppressor
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
The iSP Decimator is definitely the best noise reduction pedal, but I find that my NS-2 does the job very nicely. People say that it sucks tone, but I haven't noticed any negative effects on my tone so far. If you're on a budget it's a great buy.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
straight up man the Hush Pedal... same one dimebag uses, lamb of god uses the rack version plenty of bands.... Sucks no tone. It isn't a noise gate but a noise reducer. noise gates can kill tone. It'll take away all your feed back and hum without killing your tone. I like it better than the ns-2.
For one, I would say your gain to too high and making unnecessary noise. You can get the same gain "sound" if you turn the gain down and use some pick hand dynamics to play a little harder. You can't baby the string if you're playing heavy music.

Also, you'll be surprised how much better your tone will be if you back that gain off just a little, since you'll be able to distinguish notes better, instead of just hearing GGAAAAAAWWWWWOOOSSSHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! along with excess noise that you're now trying to buy a pedal to remove, when you can just remove it yourself.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
For one, I would say your gain to too high and making unnecessary noise. You can get the same gain "sound" if you turn the gain down and use some pick hand dynamics to play a little harder. You can't baby the string if you're playing heavy music.

Also, you'll be surprised how much better your tone will be if you back that gain off just a little, since you'll be able to distinguish notes better, instead of just hearing GGAAAAAAWWWWWOOOSSSHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! along with excess noise that you're now trying to buy a pedal to remove, when you can just remove it yourself.

Thats not always the case. on my 5150 I have to have the hush pedal. If not I have to turn my gain down to an unsituable point. To where it doesn't even sound metal anymore. Unless I turn my mids down and I dont like scooping my mids. But when I turn my mids up there is a lot of feedback. Mids presence, highs, gain, and volume can make feedback. You want the gain to be able to go to the point of where it sounds good to you. Yes some people use to much gain. But just because hes getting a lot of feedback doesnt mean he's using to much. I can turn my gain down that isnt enough but having my mids up still get the feedback.
Quote by paranormal5150
Thats not always the case. on my 5150 I have to have the hush pedal. If not I have to turn my gain down to an unsituable point. To where it doesn't even sound metal anymore. Unless I turn my mids down and I dont like scooping my mids. But when I turn my mids up there is a lot of feedback. Mids presence, highs, gain, and volume can make feedback. You want the gain to be able to go to the point of where it sounds good to you. Yes some people use to much gain. But just because hes getting a lot of feedback doesnt mean he's using to much. I can turn my gain down that isnt enough but having my mids up still get the feedback.

I totally agree. This isn't always the case, but it is a lot of times. And, not a lot of people understand this "too much gain" thing until they're been gigging for a while and/or have wasted a lot of unnecessary money to try to "fix" something they could have fixed themselves.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
I totally agree. This isn't always the case, but it is a lot of times. And, not a lot of people understand this "too much gain" thing until they're been gigging for a while and/or have wasted a lot of unnecessary money to try to "fix" something they could have fixed themselves.

yeah... I set my gain as low as i can with it still sounding "metal" and right for my genre of music. If I go even a little bit more down it just sounds dry. A lot of people are like me and like that saturated gain tone. And theres def nothing wrong with that. Thats why they make noise gates.