How's it going guys? I've been a bassist for a few years so I'm not very good at differentiating chords by ear. I'm a big reggae and ska fan and I started playing guitar in that style because it's so rhythmic and more of a back bone than in traditional rock bands. I usually hear two common alternating chords in quite a few reggae and ska songs. I found a good example of this in a video of Dubb Agents with HR (of Bad Brains) fame. If any of you guys could take a couple minutes to maybe sound out and tab out the chords in this little clip it would be very much appreciated. The video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A4W5eQv4zk
If you're not gonna help then what was the point of posting? I can hear the guitar just fine.
Cant hear guitar still.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The second vid is understandable, but in the first one I think it's pretty damn audible right after the drums kick in.
once the drum kicks in it sounds as if hes just up stroking muted strings. I cant really hear it that well though. Sorry.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Isnt it just the three high strings playing a C barre on 2 off beats then a G barre on 2 off beats alternatively?

maybe off a fret or two like, but i think its going up and down in 4ths...