How many people on here have used one? And is it worth the $1,000? I am looking for a V shaped guitar of good quality, and this seems pretty good.

Ebony fretboard
Duncan blackout
OFR
Grover tuners
Neck thru

What do you think?
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Last edited by cbehrendt at Feb 7, 2008,
haha imo i think thats good deal

i saw this alexi laiho esp once it was rdiculous. over 3 grand and u get one emg-hz h4 humbucker haha...
no neck pickup.

get the Edwards RV with EMGS, it's basically the same thing with a neck pickup.
For the same price, you could get a Jackson RR24 if you're looking for something like that. Both 24 frets, both neck thrus, both OFRs, both ebony board with maple neck and alder body, but the RR24 has an EMG-81 instead of an EMG-Hz.
sounds good enough
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Get an Edwards SV -blah something.
You get a neck pickup aswell.
It looks better.
Same if not even better quality.
I guess a lot harder to find though!
I Like Cake
Quote by Vittu0666
For the same price, you could get a Jackson RR24 if you're looking for something like that. Both 24 frets, both neck thrus, both OFRs, both ebony board with maple neck and alder body, but the RR24 has an EMG-81 instead of an EMG-Hz.

Actually the Alexi-600 comes with a duncan blackout.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
I would get the alexi if I were you- jackson hasnt been doing too good lately, and esp has just been getting better and better. also, it comes with a seymour duncan blackout- basically an improved emg 81.
Get it! Dude, that guitar plays like a dream (to me anyway) I've been saving up for either it or the signature version.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Epic_Name
Get an Edwards SV -blah something.
You get a neck pickup aswell.
It looks better.
Same if not even better quality.
I guess a lot harder to find though!

I would look into this but musiciansfriend doesnt carry edwards.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
I would look into this but musiciansfriend doesnt carry edwards.

You can only buy Edwards from Japan, and possibly Russia. There are a couple people that import them outside Japan if you are really interested in them.

Depending on which one you look at, it can be a bit pricey because of the extra money you have to pay for shipping and all.
Quote by cbehrendt
Actually the Alexi-600 comes with a duncan blackout.

Oh true? How recent was this change? That's a lot better because now the Alexi-600 is closer to his tone.
I think they changed it for the new 2008 models, which are exactly the same as the older ones just with a blackout. I called musiciansfriend and made sure that they got it right, and made sure that they guaranteed me that it would ship with a blackout. I didnt want to end up getting an older version.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
The new Alexi-600 with the Blackouts is a good deal. Edwards SV would be a great choice too. Or you could wait till Phil Demmel's Jackson sig comes out. Looks pretty good.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
The new Alexi-600 with the Blackouts is a good deal. Edwards SV would be a great choice too. Or you could wait till Phil Demmel's Jackson sig comes out. Looks pretty good.

Yea it seemed like a pretty good deal to me. ESP seems to make some quality instruments. I cant really wait though, because I have a promo code for musiciansfriend that I have to use really soon before it expires.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
Yea it seemed like a pretty good deal to me. ESP seems to make some quality instruments. I cant really wait though, because I have a promo code for musiciansfriend that I have to use really soon before it expires.

But make sure you try and play it first, see whether you're comfortable and happy enough with it.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
You gotta be very sure of what tone you want when going with that guitar, cause you get the one pickup to work with and that's that. It's a one trick pony, but that trick is amazing, and the feel of those guitars are incredible. Just be very sure it will get the exact tone you want.
Well I play mainly heavy metal/metalcore/death/swedish metal, so I think that I can get the tone out of it that I want. I have no real way of playing one, because I live in the middle of nowhere in Iowa. And if I dont like it I have 45 days to return it.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
if it comes with the blacout and you have a promo code
i say you get it, especially if you can return it
1000 seems like a good deal
just make sure you know what your getting with the one pickup
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
im pretty sure that it still has the emg hz

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616

Nah, check out Musician's Friend. It says SD Blackout on the spec sheet.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by metallicafan616

I called musiciansfriend and they guaranteed me that it has a blackout in it.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by COBHC6
if it comes with the blacout and you have a promo code
i say you get it, especially if you can return it
1000 seems like a good deal
just make sure you know what your getting with the one pickup

I understand what I am getting. I play on the bridge pickup 90% of the time, and I have another guitar that I can use if I wanna play cleans or use the neck pickup.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
It's overpriced, but if you want to go ahead and play somebody else's signature, go for it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
It's overpriced, but if you want to go ahead and play somebody else's signature, go for it.

Not really. I'd say its a pretty fair price. The closest thing to it is a Jackson RR24, and that is a couple hundred bucks more.
Be cool.
With the discount that I have, the total for the guitar comes to $944.10. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I love children of bodom and I would really like to have a V shaped guitar.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by Vittu0666
Oh true? How recent was this change? That's a lot better because now the Alexi-600 is closer to his tone.

Doesn't alexi use gain boosters on his guitar? And If you want to replicate someones tone, you might as well get the same amp, rack units, effects pedals, PA and everything.

I personally Don't like the Alexi signature guitar. Mainly because it has one humbucker. Secondly because Its very pricey and I won't spend my college fund on something that is boring and can't do much(the single pickup)
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Doesn't alexi use gain boosters on his guitar? And If you want to replicate someones tone, you might as well get the same amp, rack units, effects pedals, PA and everything.

I personally Don't like the Alexi signature guitar. Mainly because it has one humbucker. Secondly because Its very pricey and I won't spend my college fund on something that is boring and can't do much(the single pickup)

Well Im really not trying to replicate Alexis tone at all. Also, the closest other guitar I could find on musiciansfriend was the Jackson rr24, which was like 200 bucks more, and all the specs were basically the same.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
my roommate has the old one with the EMG HZ, and I would say the only bad point is the HZ, so with a blackout, I say go for it
Quote by FacingUsAll

I really dont see anything wrong with this sig guitar, it looks to me like it is worth the price.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by sum_ugly_man

I don't know why everyone finds it "pricey". Try to find another major guitar company that offers a V shaped guitar with the same specs for under $1000. The closest thing to it is the RR24, which is $200 more. Furthermore, for the what the Alexi is, its a very decent price. I'd also like to add that if you find a single humbucker so limiting, maybe you should reevaluate your playing style.
Be cool.
+1, the single humbucker wont be limiting to me. I play mostly metal, and on my other guitar I hardly use the other 2 pickups anyways, unless Im doing a clean bridge or something like what KSE does sometimes.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
i have it, the thought of needing another pickup has yet to cross my mind. The neck is oh so fast and the pickup isnt terrible, but im still replacing it with a blackout. The only problem i have is its neck heavy.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
for 944$ your getting a super good deal for the ltd alexi 600
but here are some Here are some other v shaped guitars in it's price range.
Esp ltd v-500 699$
esp ninja 600 *the 08 model* 1,299$ *the old one goes for 800$*
Jackson rr5 1,199
Dean dave mustaine signature v 999$
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I own both the Jackson RR24 and ESP Alexi Laiho 600 they're basically the same but one comes with a slightly better pick-up and that would be the Alexi Laiho 600 Alexi use to play jacksons.