Please post on this thread, with whatever your opinion of Incubus is, i would be glad to hear your opinions, mine however is that Incubus is not unique, and just sucks. Anna molly could not be worse.
Good on you for pointing to something from their latest album.
BTW according to this many, many bands also suck for this same reason- many would say 'metallica' for this, I disagree.
Incubus' old, funkier stuff what gets me, and I also like their rock things too, made an effort to learn Love Hurts and Rogues (by ear, which for me takes dedication)- but it's their variety which I admire them for.
Who reads sigs anyway
I love old Incubus, when Dirk Lance really shone. But since they don't play Fungus or S.C.I.E.N.C.E live anymore, then I won't disagree.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
Finally, someone who agrees with me haha thats cool dude, yeah Welcome to the jungle is one of my favorite songs ever made.

Quote by Machine Gun Cat
I tottally agree Incubus sucks a big fat one! GnR ftw!
Love Hurts is a good song, I'd hardly say GnR is unique though.
Cheesy ballads? Check.
"Rawk Song"? Check.
Dumbass lyrics? Check.
Overhyped and overrated? CHECK.
Also ill admit, that if i heard "Dig" for the first time ever, i may think, "hey this is pretty catchy", but after hearing it in every wal-mart and on every radio station, they played it to the point of it being sickening.
I think that GnR has a unique sound, i mean right when you hear them you know its gnr, with incubus i think you would have to know the song to figure out who it is

Quote by Orbit91
Love Hurts is a good song, I'd hardly say GnR is unique though.
Cheesy ballads? Check.
"Rawk Song"? Check.
Dumbass lyrics? Check.
Overhyped and overrated? CHECK.
Good point, GnR might be cheesy, but I'd know them if I heard them.
Incubus on the other hand, haven't heard that much of their stuff to know it off by ear.
I can;t believe people still listening to GnR hehe ok whatever, incubus does not suck why would they suck they do have a great stuff and if they change sometimes so what music evolates all time
Quote by riti
I can;t believe people still listening to GnR hehe ok whatever, incubus does not suck why would they suck they do have a great stuff and if they change sometimes so what music evolates all time

I cannot believe you cannot believe people still listen to Guns n' Roses. Good music is good music regardless of when it came out. Can you believe that people still listen to Bach? By the way, the reasons people think Incubus suck are posted in this thread and they don't have anything to do with Incubus changing.

Personally, I'm okay with Incubus. Incredibly generic rock. I respect groundbreaking bands more. They don't necessarily have to be unique (someone a few posts up mentioned Metallica; they're not unique but they played a huge part in exposing metal to the mainstream). Incubus hasn't done anything like that and they haven't experimented a lot. But their music is fairly pleasing to the ear, so I don't mind it.
hmhm firts of all I am not a big big fan of incubus but I did not like that "Incubus Sucks" we know that metallica is far from Incubus but that's what they are so what the **** now Two different worlds

Personally I gree with what you said """They don't necessarily have to be unique:::
they sound good to me ears
Quote by mstysakura
I cannot believe you cannot believe people still listen to Guns n' Roses. Good music is good music regardless of when it came out. Can you believe that people still listen to Bach? By the way, the reasons people think Incubus suck are posted in this thread and they don't have anything to do with Incubus changing.

Personally, I'm okay with Incubus. Incredibly generic rock. I respect groundbreaking bands more. They don't necessarily have to be unique (someone a few posts up mentioned Metallica; they're not unique but they played a huge part in exposing metal to the mainstream). Incubus hasn't done anything like that and they haven't experimented a lot. But their music is fairly pleasing to the ear, so I don't mind it.

I have to disagree with that. Have a listen to some of their songs from their ealier albums, namely from S.C.I.E.N.C.E., heaps and heaps of experimentation going on there.

And threadstarter is there any other reason to you thinking that "Incubus sucks" other than that you believe that they aren't "unique"? Which i believe to be false and think they have a very distinct sound.

Also, you've only seemed to name songs from their latest album, which admitedly is not their best. Have you heard some of their earlier work?
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Last edited by redkippersandal at Feb 7, 2008,
Fuck GnR, at least Incubus still has the majority of original members. GnR is generic whisky rock, Incubus is as varied as funk metal to acoustic ballads.