what would you recommend as a good gauge? I also play alot of drop D...
I last used purple slinkies, maybe I should go one up?
You can get away with standard gauge with that tuning, but if you want to go slightly heavier thats fine. Just make sure you have a long scale length guitar.
I'd go for 11-56, but probably you have to adjust the neck of your guitar. There should be some workshops on UG covering that topic.
Quote by AnonymousDavid
Yes facking... Just use the chords F C G Am and you´ll get instant laid.

Idiot.

Use 12s
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
what strings are you normally used to? If you play 11's in standard then go for 12's in drop C, play 10's then go for either hybrid 10-52 or 11's.
depends on your preference really.

for drop c i use 10-52, coz im a pansy. but if your fingertips are made out of titanium or something get some brootalz gauge strings.
i use 12 gauge cause i'm tuned to drop B,
but if you're using drop C, try a set of skinny
top-heavy bottoms.
I play 11s in standard and 13s in D-Standard/Drop C. For every half step you downtune, you should generally go up 1 gauge.
I played 12's when my band used drop C. I now tune to "BAGDAD" in my new band (awesome tuning, I know) so I use 13s.