can i use an eq pedal to record like i would with a mixer? or can i use a mixer like a EQ pedal to clean up my tone while playing live?

i only want to buy one if possible.

thanks
most mixers have a 3 band eq in each channel....eqs are for adjusting the levels of seperate frequencies in a sound...mixers are for mixing seperate sounds simultaneously
Dancing In Your Dust
Quote by the_poison125
can i use an eq pedal to record like i would with a mixer?

Uhh... You can't record with a mixer or an EQ pedal. EQ pedals are for tweaking the frequencies of your guitar/amp's audio signal and mixers for balancing the levels of multiple sound sources, although mixers do contain an equalizer.

or can i use a mixer like a EQ pedal to clean up my tone while playing live?

Yes, you can, if you mic your amplifier or plug directly to the mixer.
Quote by Stratwizard
Uhh... You can't record with a mixer or an EQ pedal. EQ pedals are for tweaking the frequencies of your guitar/amp's audio signal and mixers for balancing the levels of multiple sound sources, although mixers do contain an equalizer.

Yes, you can, if you mic your amplifier or plug directly to the mixer.

umm i ment that most people use a mixer while recording to clean up there sounds a bit.

so which should i buy?
Quote by the_poison125
umm i ment that most people use a mixer while recording to clean up there sounds a bit.

they don't use a mixer to clean up there sound a bit... They use a mixer to mix their music, ballancing the different tracks out how they should be (drums not to loud compared to the bass, guitars not to soft, etc.). Eq is also used in the mixing proces and is sometimes more effective then just making it louder, but I wouldn't go much deeper into that.

What is it you would want to do with this mixer?
Quote by flamencogod
they don't use a mixer to clean up there sound a bit... They use a mixer to mix their music, ballancing the different tracks out how they should be (drums not to loud compared to the bass, guitars not to soft, etc.). Eq is also used in the mixing proces and is sometimes more effective then just making it louder, but I wouldn't go much deeper into that.

What is it you would want to do with this mixer?

well il want to use it to improve my sound while recording and while playing at school concerts and stuff.
For recording get yourself a dedicated recording preamp like the ones ART make, might help with the live sound too depending on what it is you want to do, certainly wouldn't hurt to try it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you'd probably want some kind of DI box if you were plugging a guitar directly into a mixer

or if you're not using a mixer and want to record directly, you'd need some kind of preamp, like mentioned