sowhat360
UG Newbie
445 IQ
Alright here's the deal. I listen to a lot of classic rock and blues, Zeppelin, Allman Bros, Hendrix, etc and it seems to me that i'm having a hard tim finding new bands on that level of talent. I feel that the music of Rage Against the Machine has an old school feel just amped up a notch.....the vocals are obviously different. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good new rock bands with serious talent? I'm not talking wolfmother and stuff like that. I want breakdowns, solos, the whole works. Anybody know of anything to check out?
Quantonyne
UGs Viking
892 IQ
ya i know what you mean by no good music today...

coheed is a sweet band...i like the vocals, but they do take some time.

if you want really tight musicianship but with breakdowns and solos...Protest the Hero...now those are some hard vocals to love...but i just find the music to make to vocals fit.

Also...switch to metal...so much more musicanship and talent...less bull****....well there is still a lot of bull.

If you want to get into metal just listen to Dragonforce, any cd before they were even known in North America is a good cd...
stephen_rettie
UG's Non-anonymous
1,660 IQ
Quote by Quantonyne
ya i know what you mean by no good music today...

coheed is a sweet band...i like the vocals, but they do take some time.

if you want really tight musicianship but with breakdowns and solos...Protest the Hero...now those are some hard vocals to love...but i just find the music to make to vocals fit.

Also...switch to metal...so much more musicanship and talent...less bull****....well there is still a lot of bull.

If you want to get into metal just listen to Dragonforce, any cd before they were even known in North America is a good cd...

ha no way i was about suggest pth aswell lol but thought theyd be too heavy
sowhat360
UG Newbie
445 IQ
Quote by Thefallofman
This is the classic rock forum...

yeah i know.....what forum should it be in? i am looking for classic rock type bands that are new
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
Silvertide
The Redwalls
The Thieves
The Sights
Jet
Hurricane Party
The White Stripes
The Bloody Hollies
Velvet Revolver
Monster Magnet
The Answer
Supernaut2k
Blackmore Worshipper
64 IQ
wolfmother are pretty oldschool, their album sounds like zeppelin outtakes
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
THE BLACK CROWES.

That being said, take it to Modern Rock, their recommendation thread has some good suggestions.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.