Page 1 of 2
They were introduced about a year ago. I'm still wondering when they'll finally be available and if they sound half decent.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
They're shipping in the US as of the past week or so. The initial reviews have been good, even from seasoned amp guys. The general consensus is that it's a bit tighter than the 5150 on the dirty channel, and actually has good usable cleans.

We'll see how the long term reliability is. A lot of people are predicting that the Bugera's will replace the the 5150/6505 as the industry standard workhorse metal amp (due to price and availability).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Feb 7, 2008,
This was the text posted by another guy with some clips of his compared to a 5150:

it was linked, but here are the direct links to the clips i posted a few months ago:

http://music.megagoo.com/5150-bugera-test.mp3
3 sections, all double-tracked and panned hard left & right

section 1: bugera 6262
section 2: 5150
section 3 bugera right side, 5150 left.

song clip i spliced together from the bugera section. looped it, fiddled with post-plugins like compression and eq. drums and bass added:
http://music.megagoo.com/bugera-song-demo.mp3

live this thing is pretty great. PM user Piney Hills (who runs a music store) if you're thinking of one and he may have a discount for HC members
Quote by Green_Jelly
They were introduced about a year ago. I'm still wondering when they'll finally be available and if they sound half decent.

Supposedly mine is supposed to be available around March 2nd.
Well things always feel and sound different in person than on a recording too. There are solid state recordings that sound bad ass.
I think the 6260 is already shipping. The 333 might be shipping as well.
it sounded great on the recording. But like I said i've heard solid state recordings that sounded great. I wonder how it feels in person.
Quote by mfergel
I know a lot of people are going to slam it because it's distributed by Behringer. I've heard a few clips of it and I have to say I'm impressed by what I heard. For those that don't know, it's essentially a rip off of the Peavey 5150 II.

http://www.bugera-amps.com/_01/product.cfm?productName=6262&groupName=Guitar%20Valve%20Amplification

I'm Sorry.

My friend owns a behringer w/bugera speakers...
and he regrets buying it, and I think its tone just flat out sucks.
He changed the speakers to some other brand and it actually improved a little, but its also the behringer brand that isn't great either.
IMO
Quote by Snowc0w
I'm Sorry.

My friend owns a behringer w/bugera speakers...
and he regrets buying it, and I think its tone just flat out sucks.
He changed the speakers to some other brand and it actually improved a little, but its also the behringer brand that isn't great either.
IMO

Comparing a Behringer amp to a Bugera amp is like comparing a Marshall MG to a Marshall JCM800. Come on......seriously man.
Quote by mfergel
Comparing a Behringer amp to a Bugera amp is like comparing a Marshall MG to a Marshall JCM800. Come on......seriously man.

it is distributed by the same company.
and i never compared them.
i simply stated what i thought, and from experience the quality of behringer is.
and i listed an example.
just saying.
Quote by Snowc0w
i simply stated what i thought, and from experience the quality of behringer is.
and i listed an example.
just saying.

squier is distributed by fender and the mgs by marshall, you still cant compare the shotty quality of low end stuff with hi end
i hate behringer with a passion, but i also hate mgs and own a jcm900, its ****ing amazing
Quote by Snowc0w
and i listed an example.
just saying.

Yeah, but you had nothing really to base that comparison on. I've got several Behringer items and no problems with any of them. Yes, I know a lot of folks have stated things such as channels going out on the stereo amps, etc. But you're stating your friends Behringer amp sucked so the Bugera probably won't be any better because it's 'distributed' by Behringer. Also, while the Bugera speakers in his amp may have sucked (and maybe they do) that doesn't mean the entire product line sucks. If we based Marshall on the quality of the MG line of speakers, what would that say????

Given the fact that nearly no one owns this amp yet, I think it's pretty hard for people to start making negative comments about it beyond the "THEY COPIED PEAVEY" to which I'd say, "Nearly every amp manufacturer has done that at one point."
Quote by mfergel
Yeah, but you had nothing really to base that comparison on. I've got several Behringer items and no problems with any of them. Yes, I know a lot of folks have stated things such as channels going out on the stereo amps, etc. But you're stating your friends Behringer amp sucked so the Bugera probably won't be any better because it's 'distributed' by Behringer. Also, while the Bugera speakers in his amp may have sucked (and maybe they do) that doesn't mean the entire product line sucks. If we based Marshall on the quality of the MG line of speakers, what would that say????

Given the fact that nearly no one owns this amp yet, I think it's pretty hard for people to start making negative comments about it beyond the "THEY COPIED PEAVEY" to which I'd say, "Nearly every amp manufacturer has done that at one point."

true,
but, everyone has their own opinions.
Quote by Snowc0w
true,
but, everyone has their own opinions.

.....and yours is based on nothing essentially..............of course, that's just "my opinion".
Quote by mfergel
.....and yours is based on nothing essentially..............of course, that's just "my opinion".

LMAO!
no my opinion is based on that anything having to do with the companies bugera and behringer will suck.
i just dont like them, its as simple as that.

its your money spend it how you want.
Last edited by Snowc0w at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by paranormal5150
Everything behringer ive ever tried sucked. I highly doubt this amp is as durable as a 5150.

I doubt you've tried a hand-built amp by Behringer though.

That recording, the Bugera actually sounded better than the 5150. I'll wait until they are widely available, but it looks to me like it's going to be a great deal.
There was a review a while back of a guy who tried one and was very impressed with every part of it.

Only thing I can comment on is the name. It's..... unfortunate, as Dave put it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'm kind of interested. If it can cop lower gain crunch and stay warm, I might just start saving for one. I'm thinking that, with a pulled power tube or two, and mabye a 12AU7 in the preamp, you'rd have a nice giggable amp with a lot of flexability.
Where did you preorder it from?? I have yet to see them anywhere in the US
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
available for preorder from zzounds, same day music, american musical and sam ash. Might be some others as well, such as bananas.

FWIW, I'm currently using a Legacy and have had several different Marshall's, Boogie, Peavey, etc. It's not a matter of money but if it's a decent amp for the money than why not?
I looks like its actually gonna be a decent amp, I'll try it but man, comparing it to a 6505, thats scary
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Well, I got lucky and saw a 6262 head available (only 1 left) from samedaymusic late last night. I fully expected to get an email this morning saying that it was actually on backorder. Instead,I got this:

This email is to update you on your SameDayMusic.com order, SDM#######

Items on this order have updated status (Shipped).

Bugera 6262 Guitar Amplifier Head (120 Watts) - Shipped

I'm pretty stoked to try it out. Gear snobs on forums have been hating on it left and right (w/o trying it), and I'm skeptical to be sure. This thing better deliver on tone/reliability or I will return to sender w/o hesitation (or eBay).

"I looks like its actually gonna be a decent amp, I'll try it but man, comparing it to a 6505, thats scary"
I will be factoring in price in my assessment. I mean, it's basically a 1/3 of the price of a new 6505+. I will be comparing it more to the ValveKing (which it is $100 cheaper than ).
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by mfergel
This was the text posted by another guy with some clips of his compared to a 5150:

it was linked, but here are the direct links to the clips i posted a few months ago:

http://music.megagoo.com/5150-bugera-test.mp3
3 sections, all double-tracked and panned hard left & right

section 1: bugera 6262
section 2: 5150
section 3 bugera right side, 5150 left.

song clip i spliced together from the bugera section. looped it, fiddled with post-plugins like compression and eq. drums and bass added:
http://music.megagoo.com/bugera-song-demo.mp3

live this thing is pretty great. PM user Piney Hills (who runs a music store) if you're thinking of one and he may have a discount for HC members

Well i don't care for either one off them, but in section 3, the amp to the left sounded better. That was the 5150? It sounded a bit better. deeper with more attack. But neither of them were amazing. How much does this amp cost?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Well, I have actually played one. There is a dealer by my house that already has them. It sounded pretty good to me. Especially for 450 dollars. It was being played through a behringer cab, so I would assume some V30's would tighten it up nicely.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Looks good on paper, footswitch included.

Give us some feedback when you get your hands on yours. I am in the market for a budget tube combo.
a old-regular poster here (kurdtkobaign) said a week or two ago that the shop he works at got them in stock, and he loves it. he hasn't bought it, so he's not sure how the reliabilty is, but he said the sound is incredible, basically.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Just checked this thing out online... They have no shame about ripping off the looks and specs of the 5150 do they lol even the 6260 parts sounds all to familiar... Would be cool if this thing actually sounds and holds up as good as the original....
Quote by stigma15
Well, I got lucky and saw a 6262 head available (only 1 left) from samedaymusic late last night. I fully expected to get an email this morning saying that it was actually on backorder. Instead,I got this:

This email is to update you on your SameDayMusic.com order, SDM#######

Items on this order have updated status (Shipped).

Bugera 6262 Guitar Amplifier Head (120 Watts) - Shipped

I'm pretty stoked to try it out. Gear snobs on forums have been hating on it left and right (w/o trying it), and I'm skeptical to be sure. This thing better deliver on tone/reliability or I will return to sender w/o hesitation (or eBay).

"I looks like its actually gonna be a decent amp, I'll try it but man, comparing it to a 6505, thats scary"
I will be factoring in price in my assessment. I mean, it's basically a 1/3 of the price of a new 6505+. I will be comparing it more to the ValveKing (which it is $100 cheaper than ).

Nuts. I must have missed that they had it in stock. Oh well. What's 30 days of waiting? Maybe mine will ship early.
Hmmmm......I actually just went and checked Sam Ash online. When I preordered it, the site said shipping March 2nd, but I see now that it says available for order so it must have just changed late yesterday. So, maybe I will get mine very shortly.
Quote by mfergel
Hmmmm......I actually just went and checked Sam Ash online. When I preordered it, the site said shipping March 2nd, but I see now that it says available for order so it must have just changed late yesterday. So, maybe I will get mine very shortly.

Sam Ash is charging $100 more per model on the Bugera line than AMS,ZZsounds and Sameday Music. Why is that?
Quote by stigma15
Sam Ash is charging $100 more per model on the Bugera line than AMS,ZZsounds and Sameday Music. Why is that?

Wow.........I didn't notice but it looks like they did change the price. Wonder if Sam Ash is going to honor my purchase then?

See, I had heard a rumor that the price was going to increase anywhere from $50 to $100 once they started hitting the street. That's why I went and preordered. When I ordered mine, Sam Ash had the price listed at $449. Looks like they raised the price $100 on all of them. Wonder if the others have started doing the same thing?
I just went and checked and my credit card has already been charged for the original price of $449 so I'm hoping that means it's ready to ship and that they aren't going to turn around and try to credit my order or something...........
I was kinda pissed that they are charging a $100 more per model. But still, I look at it from this point of view, It's still cheaper then the Peavey. I'm most likely going to order the 6260. It looks to be your basic, nothing to it, metal amp. I just hope it stands up to all the hype.

Bugera isn't made by Berhinger, it's distrubuted by Behringer. At least thats What I've been hearing.
Quote by JagStang5246
I was kinda pissed that they are charging a $100 more per model. But still, I look at it from this point of view, It's still cheaper then the Peavey. I'm most likely going to order the 6260. It looks to be your basic, nothing to it, metal amp. I just hope it stands up to all the hype.

Bugera isn't made by Berhinger, it's distrubuted by Behringer. At least thats What I've been hearing.

You are correct, Behringer just distributes their stuff.

I'm hoping I really like this and then I can say I got it for $100 less than everyone else.
A bugera amp is not a Behringer amp. They are distributed by Behringer, and designed using Behringers R & D policy, with Behringer buying power for components.

I'm going to pick one up as soon as they hit Aus, and try replacing the toobs
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Page 1 of 2