Page 1 of 2
So after watching the previews of this movie i thought, wow that looks pretty lame. Friend of mine dragged me to the movies to see it and that movie was sick. The special effects were incredible and the acting seemed very realistic. All around awesome movie IMO. Especially for some sci-fi kinda thing. Anyone else seen it?
I saw it on Saturday, I thought it was ok, nothing amazing, but good.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Yeah I saw it the weekend it came out. It was pretty good (better than I expected). There are a lot of secrets about the movie that most viewers did not notice which is kinda cool. If your interested there are plenty of spoiler videos telling you the things you probably missed.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
i ****ing LOVED it.

i don't quite think there's another movie like that.

*spoiler*
when they're in the half toppled apartment block, that seen was amazing, and when the helicopter crashed, everyone was completely silent, and my mate next to me goes "WOOOOOW!"

all of us, one at a time, lent over, and punched him for that XD

some people were dissapointed at the ending, but to be honest, that's one of the best damn endings i've seen, when you think about it, there's not really anything else they could have done, without breaking a barrier.
i thought it was pretty gay. The first person was stupid, the ending was crap, loose ends ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over the place and to be honest, if your city was being destroyed would you be hung up on dragging a camera all over with you?
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
I haven't seen it and I doubt I will. But then again I didn't wanna see the ****ty transformers movie but my friends dragged me to the cinema.
However when I first heard of this movie I thought, "Wow, that's pretty cool". Then I saw some Behind the scenes of Cloverfield show which led me to. "Wow...that's all garbage". But I'll prolly see it, damn my friends!
Dude i saw this movie when it came out... i thought it was awesome but everyone else i talked to said it sucked!!... can anyone tell me about the special things noone else got or whatever?
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
yeah when i went the the whole place was empty not one person was there but me and my friend. It was friggin bizarre.
when i first saw it i was like "OMG I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE SEARCH BAR."
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
there longer it has been out, the more of an urge I want to go out and see it. Unfortunately for me, I'm not to big on on going to the movies
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
dude how would you like it if i made a thread every time i saw a movie? ****ing search. theres a huge cloverfield thread. AND ITS A BAD MOVIE.
dude that movie was sick! i loved the camera man, that guy was a riot. I really wanna see it again cuz there were alot of things i missed.

My GF's sister in-law threw up. Twas' a hoot
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
imdb has posed an untitled sequal for 2009. according to their very short plot summary

*spoilers*

as the credit sound says, the monster is still alive, and there's also another monster. I think having two mosnters would be kind of dumb, but it could work as long as they weren't like partners or something.
Quote by greasysnowball
My GF's sister in-law threw up. Twas' a hoot

Your girlfriend's sister-in-law? So...uh...not your sister? Is your girlfriend married? Having a little affair is she?

I'm onto you.... >.<
I saw it on Friday, it will be the best film this year IMO and its definitely one of my all time favorites.
I loved that movie. I was happy with the ending too, it made it more realistic than if eveything was allright.
Best bit of the film was in the pitch black subway tunnels;

"I just... can't stop thinking how scary it would be if a flaming homeless guy came running out of the dark"
or something to that effect.

Overally I enjoyed the film. It was a bit different and the monster was pretty cool. Lizzy Caplan looked good too
Quote by whirleygig
Your girlfriend's sister-in-law? So...uh...not your sister? Is your girlfriend married? Having a little affair is she?

I'm onto you.... >.<

lol no my GF's Bro is married to the said female in question
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by free.of.filth.
I loved that movie. I was happy with the ending too, it made it more realistic than if eveything was allright.

Yes, of course, realism. Because when a monster attacks your city, you make sure to film the reactions of all your friends to it.
That simple premise has convinved me that the main characters are buttholes, and since they won't all die, the film will be a grave disappointment.
i loved the movie and as Ekim 432 said , the effects are amazing and the acting is very realistic but remember don't get bitten

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
Quote by MightyAl
Yes, of course, realism. Because when a monster attacks your city, you make sure to film the reactions of all your friends to it.
That simple premise has convinved me that the main characters are buttholes, and since they won't all die, the film will be a grave disappointment.

All die except two, who may have died, but you don't find out.
Quote by Spamwise
as the credit sound says, the monster is still alive, and there's also another monster. I think having two mosnters would be kind of dumb, but it could work as long as they weren't like partners or something.

EPIC MONSTER BATTLE
Quote by david_safc
All die except two, who may have died, but you don't find out.

That's two uncertainties too many.
I agree with Vedder. Overall I was unimpressed, like the Blair Witch Project meets Independence Day.
saw this two days ago. and wow....i loved it. there were people behind me saying....oh this sucks lets leave and stuff. Also half of the people i was with said they dident like it. But i loved it! One of the best films ive seen.

Its just the fact its all handheld. Its like if that happend to us, thats what it would be like. Like if us guys were running away from a 100 foot monster thing, there wont be music playing in the background .

The special effects were also amazing. I might go see it again, or defently getting it on DVD when its out.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Vedder
i thought it was pretty gay. The first person was stupid, the ending was crap, loose ends ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over the place and to be honest, if your city was being destroyed would you be hung up on dragging a camera all over with you?

There were two french guys in the twin towers that filmed the whole thing, up to the point of their deaths. Admittedly though, if I hadn't known about that, I would've thought "who the hell would keep filming?"

Overall, I think it's a great film with plenty of room for a sequel (which has been announced in the event that the first film is successful).
Last edited by akaDan at Feb 10, 2008,
Quote by akaDan
There were two french guys in the twin towers that filmed the whole thing, up to the point of their deaths. Admittedly though, if I hadn't known about that, I would've thought "who the hell would keep filming?"

Overall, I think it's a great film with plenty of room for a sequel (which has been announced in the event that the first film was successful).

IIRC, if we are thinking of the same French guys, they didn't actually end up dying.

To everyone saying "I wouldn't film it.", if given the chance to record a monumental event in human history, you wouldn't do it?

Great movie, I liked how it was all so believable. But I especially liked how they did the ending, killing off people like that isn't usually done in movies.
IIIIIII
Quote by synopsize
IIRC, if we are thinking of the same French guys, they didn't actually end up dying.

To everyone saying "I wouldn't film it.", if given the chance to record a monumental event in human history, you wouldn't do it?

Great movie, I liked how it was all so believable. But I especially liked how they did the ending, killing off people like that isn't usually done in movies.

Oh. I don't know the exact details, I just heard about it. Thanks.
Quote by codybcool
Best bit of the film was in the pitch black subway tunnels;

"I just... can't stop thinking how scary it would be if a flaming homeless guy came running out of the dark"
or something to that effect.

Overally I enjoyed the film. It was a bit different and the monster was pretty cool. Lizzy Caplan looked good too

omg yes the flaming homeless guy part was amazing
sig under construction.
Ending sucked, the rest was pretty good.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
in all honesty. this has been the worst movie i have ever seen. i just didnt enjoy it, monster looked like a plate of sea food, no explination of anything (i know its supposed to be that way, but it still seemed retarded to me)
i dont care that everyone dies, but the ending was stupid. i hated it
and i still do, id never watch that movie again, everyone i went with also hated save 2 people.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
i thought it was pretty obvious they would die when you saw that thing saying where it was retrieved. a lot of my friends were suprised by that and said it ruined the movie.

imo, it was pretty good. nothing amazing, though.

Jack my swag
I saw it yesterday and thought it was actually one of the best movies I have ever seen. But you only get the experience if you see it on the big screen. Anything else would just diminish the feel that your actually there. Several times during the movie it felt like I was on a ****ing rollercoaster ride. Plus I actually felt for the characters. When Marlena died I felt for the guy that had a crush on her and thought the entire experience was ****ed up.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
It was great. You've got to understand a bit about movie making to respect it though. An average dude that doesnt care about anything except "teh actionzorz and the D34thz!!one1!" wouldn't love it as much i guess.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Guys, stop saying it's unrealistic that they'd film the thing. If they didn't film it, we wouldn't have the movie, would we?

Morons.
Very weak character development, but other than that, great movie.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Did anyone catch what happened in the very last scene of the movie when they were on the Coney Island Farris Wheel?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by AngelOfHatred
EPIC MONSTER SEX TAPE

Fixed.

I thought the film was good.

My friends were annoying though saying it was crap and threatening to walkout throughout the movie.
It's gonna be a blue day
Page 1 of 2