Okay so i just took a look at the cd/dvd from Guitar World's April Edition on the new Ultra II. Now I can't say too too much about this guitar cause i havent played it yet myself but after watching the review here's what I think.

Pro's:
This guitar really seems to have some great tones. It seems to be extremely versatile. Being able to switch from acoustic to electric or combine the two is really an innovative concept that Epiphone has grasped. They claim the Ultra II is lighter than they were. I also noticed there was a bevel cut on the side like on Strats for comfort and lighter weight. The controls on the back panel of the guitar are great features to add to the versatility. Really seems like a great guitar.

Con's:
Something really strange was the fact that two cables were connected to the guitar. The way in which you adjust the amount of acoustic or electric presence just seems a little difficult to understand. You have to roll off the two knobs which run the electric pickups and turn up the acoustic tone knob just to get more of an acoustic sound, or vis versa. Like i said the controls on the back panel of the ultra II are great for adjusting but it looks like kind of a pain to deal with, having to flip the guitar around and adjust. Finally, those two cables i mentioned run to a footswitch. Now i could be wrong but that seems to be the only way to switch from acoustic to electric or both. For just a guitar an amp and a footswitch it seems like there are a lot of cables running everwhere on the floor.

Again this is based on what I saw and my own judgement of this guitar. If you have personally played this guitar and think otherwise about something ive said, the please correct me or state your own opinion on this Les Paul Ultra II
Looks like an amazing instrument to me.. if I ever get another guitar that'd probably be the one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Looks like an amazing instrument to me.. if I ever get another guitar that'd probably be the one.

yeah definately worth looking into looks and sounds amazing, i guess theres just a lot of features to get used to and play with to figure out how it all works.