Hi, I have a Peavey Valveking 112 amp and want to get a MXR 10-band EQ for it. I like the distortion on the amp but I want more control to shape the tone. I play hard rock and metal if that helps. I mainly play with my Schecter Damien 6. I dont have any other pedals or effects. So, will the MXR 10-band be good to buy? Thanks.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Yes, it's good. But if you think you can manage with 7 bands, you can get a Danelectro Fish & Chips or something instead. But if you want 10 bands and have the money, the MXR 10-band EQ is a good buy.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Yes, it's good. But if you think you can manage with 7 bands, you can get a Danelectro Fish & Chips or something instead. But if you want 10 bands and have the money, the MXR 10-band EQ is a good buy.

Well, wouldn't I get better control over my sound with a 10-band, or would a 7-band be better?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
You would get better control with a 10 band, but if you think you can get by with 7, you can save some money.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
If you want a 10 band, then that MXR one is probably one of the best out there; but if you think you can get away with 7 then that would do, i'd deff recommend trying them out in person

I also own one of the MXR's