Hey guys

Sorry but this is actually a double post from me. I noticed i had the first one in the wrong forum. So here goes again....

After much deliberation i'm pretty much set on the RG321MH. But the RGR321 seems to have better pickups, and a (sexy) reversed headstock, for almost the same price.

I've checked Ibanez' site and 2008 catalog, and i noticed that most of their RG series guitars, even the prestige ones are made of Basswood and not Mahogany.

Would it be a terrible mistake of me buying the RGR321 (Basswood) instead of the RG321MH (Mahogany)? I mean basswood cant be that bad, when 80% of their RG series guitars are made of it?

Oh musical preference: Death/Thrash metal and Shred.
^ depends on a few things.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Some will tell you that Basswood is a cheap, ****ty wood. I'll remind you that Ibanez JEMs (and some PGMs?) are made of basswood.

As a tonewood, I prefer it to mahagony. That's just preferance. Body woods are hard to tell apart, tonally, unless you've been playing for a significant ammout of time. Generally, if you can stay away from plywood, partile board, and masonite, you'll be fine.
Basswood sounds more 'neutral', whereas mahogany is warmer. Personally, I like mahogany guitars.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Shredding would be better on basswood IMO. And the RGR's pickups aren't really better than the MH, remember, they're EMG DESIGNED.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
i don't see many listings of the RGR321, but i did see that it has "designed by EMG" pickups instead of real EMGs, so don't go to crazy over them.
Quote by black_box
i don't see many listings of the RGR321, but i did see that it has "designed by EMG" pickups instead of real EMGs, so don't go to crazy over them.

This

RG321 FTW!
Woah there! EMG designed > IBZ's. By a landslide. I A/B'd two RG's that I owned, and the EMG designed pups sounded better clean, and had more definition.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Woah there! EMG designed > IBZ's. By a landslide. I A/B'd two RG's that I owned, and the EMG designed pups sounded better clean, and had more definition.

To each his own. But i didnt say it was worse, i meant its not a major upgrade that should sway your decision towards it, thats all.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30