I was just looking on craigslist through electric guitars and found a Gibson Flying V 7 string guitar for sale for 550. The pictures of it look like its brand new, I didnt even see any scratches or anything on it, but I dont know if this is indeed a good deal or not? I looked up the Flying V and saw that it was only 600 brand new. I have committed to buying it, but any help or insight on what people think of this deal would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
I was just looking on craigslist through electric guitars and found a Gibson Flying V 7 string guitar for sale for 550. The pictures of it look like its brand new, I didnt even see any scratches or anything on it, but I dont know if this is indeed a good deal or not? I looked up the Flying V and saw that it was only 600 brand new. I have committed to buying it, but any help or insight on what people think of this deal would be greatly appreciated.

Umm a 7 string Gibson V... i might be being a tad naive but i have never heard of anything like a 7 string V... anway if there is one hope the deal works out for you

Quote by Rankles
You have to be thirteen to use this website.

Quote by Stentroll
That's because, secretly, everyone here except the mods are 11 years old.

Quote by nosushi4you
Yeah, the mods are actually 10

Just kidding, please don't ban me
If its only 50 bucks more to get it new, i'd go with getting it new. I mean if you go threw guitar center or sam ash, you can haggle them both to death. I'm sure you can knock off more than 50 bucks and theres no scary "**** i ordered off the internet, what if i get screwed over by this random guy i've never know in my life" vibe.
Since when did Gibson make 7 string guitars? That sounds like a Hell of a deal to me, unless it's fake, I kind of doubt the existance of a 7 string Gibson, but then again, I wouldn't know.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by Xeus
i've seen a 7 string les paul but not a flying v.....

Me too. But the only 7 string LP I saw was Epiphone, not Gibson. I really can't see Gibson doing something like that to one if it's "iconic" models.
Thats why i wanted the link cause i've never heard of a 7 string flying V ???
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
the only 7 string V i could find in a quick search was an epiphone licensed by gibson, it may be an epi with a gibson logo on it, that isn't uncommon for people to put the Gibson logo on non gibson guitars. Slash's famous quilt top les paul is actually a fake with a Gibson logo on it.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
It's not a Gibson dude, its an epiphone.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
ok so yeah it is an epi, 550.00 with hardshell case isn't actually that bad. I would assume that the 600.00 new model doesn't have a case.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Were you specificly looking for a 7 string guitar? cause there are alot of amazing 6 strings you could get for that amount but i guess you already bought this then.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
For KORN im guessing lol anyway its ok but i personaly wouldn't get it unless it was under 350 (with hardcase) i've heard the switches and knobs are a bit dogey on these. And there are better 7 stringers out there for around that price.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Alright thanks everyone for insight, NO ITS NOT FOR KORN, actually Unearth/Trivium helped me decide to try out a seven string, i played my firends and liked it (he has an ibanez) so i thought id get, was planning on getting a new guitar, so i figured why not get a seven string ( i already have a 6 string)
I have this Epi Flying V 7 strings. It looks incredibly cool. Lots of sound possibility from rock to metal. You will need a good cab to take the extra low B string, which tends to be a bit overwhelming sometimes, unless you learn how to mute. I always tune in Open A. Quite easy to adjust the fingers on the large neck from 6 strings habits. Go buy it. It is already a collector: this is one of the only alternative to Ibanez (not my style).
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
I told the guy no thanks, what do you recommend for a seven string guitar?

if you have low budget: Ibanez RG7321 or Schecter Omen/Damien7

medium budget: Schecter Hellraiser, Ibanez S7320

large budget: Ibanez RG1527, Jeff Loomis sig, Carvin

If you're wealthy: Ibanez Universe, EBMM JP7

Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Me too. But the only 7 string LP I saw was Epiphone, not Gibson. I really can't see Gibson doing something like that to one if it's "iconic" models.

inverted flying v. need i say more?
going off what's been said... i'd go look up schecter personally, i hate the pickups in ibanez guitars and i don't have enough for a top model like the universe. plus, you can get fixed bridge or OFR rather than crappy edge 3 the hellraiser 7 sounds like your cup of tea, there's alse the c-7, damien 7, and jeff loomis signature. i probably forgot one of their models but oh well.
Quote by bjoern_swe
if you have low budget: Ibanez RG7321 or Schecter Omen/Damien7

medium budget: Schecter Hellraiser, Ibanez S7320

large budget: Ibanez RG1527, Jeff Loomis sig, Carvin

If you're wealthy: Ibanez Universe, EBMM JP7

Thank you, big help the way u broke it down
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson