I've been practicing Children Of Bodom lately, and the intro part makes me very tense. If I play the intro several times I even have to take a break.

Do you have any tips how I can avoid getting so tense?

Thank you in advance
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
slow it down, and start relearning it with no tension. Your tense because ur trying to play it too fast, your going to have to start over at a slower, comfortable tempo, and focus on eliminating all the tension from ur shoulder down. once this tension is gone start speeding it back up.
Quote by chris_libby_88
slow it down, and start relearning it with no tension. Your tense because ur trying to play it too fast, your going to have to start over at a very slow, comfortable tempo, and focus on eliminating all the tension from ur shoulder down. once this tension is gone start speeding it back up.

Thank you very much! Will do.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Is the song children of bodem or children of decadence, cuz I just got the tab for this song called children of decadence I'v been learning for guitar pro, it's so cool ( :
most tension we arent even aware of, like in our upper arms and shoulders...i constantly catch myself tensing my upper arm when playing something stressful. Its just something you'll have to work on over time, and will probably require as much attention as individual techniques like speed picking, stretches, and sweeping.
You did tune down didn't you? cause its in full step tuning D to D
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
If your using to much tension in your arm just stop and try picking up and down on the low E or D string in this case, and just concentrate on moving just your wrist rather than tensing up your whole arm and jittering it about to get the notes out. Remember it's all in the wrist.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Thank you very much! Will do.

Remember, you shouldn't have tension anywhere. I read from a guitar book (fine, it was .pdf, but probably published in book form too) that you should relax everything - even stuff like your left ankle or your eyebrows and whatnot. Tension from some part of the body tenses up other parts of the body.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Gigglebooster
Is the song children of bodem or children of decadence, cuz I just got the tab for this song called children of decadence I'v been learning for guitar pro, it's so cool ( :

Children of Bodom By Children of Bodom off of the album Hatebreeder. You're thinking of Children of Decadence by C.o.B. off of Follow the Reaper.

Back on topic, you'll definitely want to slow down and play it at a more comfortable tempo. Then you can increase the tempo as you get more comfortable with it. Are you using your whole forearm when you're playing? It's all in the wrist like previously stated.
Quote by Vittu0666
Children of Bodom By Children of Bodom off of the album Hatebreeder. You're thinking of Children of Decadence by C.o.B. off of Follow the Reaper.

Back on topic, you'll definitely want to slow down and play it at a more comfortable tempo. Then you can increase the tempo as you get more comfortable with it. Are you using your whole forearm when you're playing? It's all in the wrist like previously stated.

Sometimes I use the whole forearm, but I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Thank you for all advices!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by z4twenny
ideally, when done right your wrist should feel like a wet noodle

Got it... Wet noodle... haha!
I'll keep that in mind. =)
C4C
(or in my profile!)