Simply can you guys tell me which is better, what makes one so great and your views and opinions on them thanks
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
GT8, cause I own one

I don't trust the look of the GT10, it looks like a lot of presets with little room for tuning, they say it's more intuitive and user friendly but I don't like it, plus it doesn't look as sturdy as typical boss pedals, I think they're trying too hard to compete with digitech.
Quote by MiG_853
GT8, cause I own one

I don't trust the look of the GT10, it looks like a lot of presets with little room for tuning, they say it's more intuitive and user friendly but I don't like it, plus it doesn't look as sturdy as typical boss pedals, I think they're trying too hard to compete with digitech.

PREFACE: I haven't heard or played on 10 but had the same immediate gut reaction as MiG after seeing a pic & reading the specs on the 10. I thought digitech had taken over boss.

I've had an 8 for a few years now & i love it. If you want to really play with all the parameters & settings & make your own army of customized sounds then I suggest the 8. It will take time but it's an instrument in itself and with time & respect you'll love it if you like playing w/ sounds.

definitely go to your fav neighborhood soulless guitar superstore & try them both out. Also, if you decide on the 8, I'm sure you can find a great deal on a used from ppl who actually needed a digitech but thought they wanted the beast that is the 8 instead. many ppl don't really want to fool with the settings to make their own sounds - just want to use "BOARD setting 15" or whatever right out of the box. That's totally OK, but if that's the case then don't waste $ on the 8. If you do get the 8 read posts on how to get good sounds. also, keep your manual next to your Maxim in your bathroom - great way to find out new functionality without feeling pressured to read a manual
I have a GT-8 and absolutely love it. Once you've got the hang of it the in-depth flexibility of tones allows for almost anything to be re-created without it sounding digital!

Anyway theres my 10 pence.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
All;

I used a GT-8 for years, gigged with it, loved it. The only problem I had with it was that the high end was always a bit fuzzy, and at high volumes there was always some harshness that I couldn't seem to dial out. I loved the Marshall and Tweed models. The Twins and Boogies never sounded right to me, so I didn't use them. Also I felt the chorus and T-wah were weak. Finally, the LED screen and pedal indicator lights were unreadable in bright sunshine which was a consistent problem with outdoor gigs. However, all in all, relatively minor quibbles with a great unit.

Then I decided to try the GT-10 recently because it had received great reviews. I was put off by the silver housing at first, because I liked the black color of the GT-8. However, the GT-10 is definitely built like a tank, a little bigger and heavier than the GT-8 but easily transported. I am getting used to the color.

The SOUND of the GT-10 has blown me away! It makes the models on the GT-8 seem like grainy pictures with, whereas the models on the GT-10 are simply amazing! So detailed and lifelike. The high-frequency fuzziness at high volume is gone. The Marshal models have an amazing, solid midrange and also as articulate high end that the GT-8 lacked. Instead of fizziness at high frequencies, you hear detailed notes with natural sustain and decay!

The Boogie and Twin models on the GT-10 are usable and sound great. The chorus sounds great, as does the T-wah. The folks at Boss were definitely listening to peoples feedback on the GT-8 because the GT-10 is a huge improvement! The only feature I liked on the GT-8 that is missing on the GT-10 is the fat distortion. Not sure why they dropped that, but there are work-arounds available using EQ etc. One final note, the control options on the GT-10 are vast with two CTL pedals now instead on one on the GT-8. Also, Boss has published a full librarian program for the GT-10 which was never available for the GT-8. And, of course, the GT-10 can connect via MIDI or USB which is great! Go out and try one for yourself!

Pete
Quote by MiG_853
GT8, cause I own one

^ you said it all in your first sentence, you are completely biased to the matter

the gt-10 is quite obviously the better multi-fx seeing as it is the updated and upgraded version of the gt-8 with more options and deeper editing than the gt-8 (which is by the way still an awesome pedal despite being replaced)

gt-10s benefits include:
-looper
-usb
-2 control pedals instead of 1
-easier to use? (not really very important IMO)
-better sounding effects and amp models

however, although the gt-10 may be better you also have to take into account that because of the gt-10's release at $500, gt-8's can now be had at around $350 meaning that gt-8 is quite possibly better value for money at this point in time.