this will be my first build and i have questions about the fretboard. ive done research, decided how i want the guitar too look and watnot but the fretboard seems to be a real trick too make and curve and all that buissnes. so can i make the neck and then buy a pre-made fretboard and then glue that on or do i have to make one?
well see i dont wanna buy anything but the hardware and pickups and fretboard if i have too. wouldnt feel right if i didnt make the neck myself.
well, you can make a flat fretboard. I think quite alot of "metal" guitars have flat fretboards. Not sure though.
Quote by jimRH7
well, you can make a flat fretboard. I think quite alot of "metal" guitars have flat fretboards. Not sure though.

Nah, just a very very high radius. Almost flat.

Classical guitars usually have flat fretboards. Always actually.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
hey
i decided pretty much the same thing on first build wanted to build the neck but not the fretboard so i bought a cheap neck off ebay and took the fretboard off
(u can find a tut on project guitar) if u have to do this it just means u ahve to design the guitar around the fretboard u can get
good luck
stewmac.com
llmi.com

they both have preslotted fretboards, hit projectguitar.com tutorials for fretting
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
Quote by Kanthras
Nah, just a very very high radius. Almost flat.

Classical guitars usually have flat fretboards. Always actually.

It's to do with a lower action, Isn't it?
^Flatter radii are more ideal for most shredders, in terms of comfort for the type of fretting they do.

Rounder radiused fretboards are more comfortable for forming chords to others.

It's preference.

Threadstarter, it requires a lot of work to make a neck and to make it playable. If you don't have the proper tools, or even know how a neck is constructed, I'd suggest buying the neck.