The GP file i have included here includes 2 tracks. Track "This is impossible" is what I have great problems with doing. I just can't make it flow, and I tend to tense up like crazy. I've been playing for almost two years and I can play lots of other stuff. It's just this little thing that's been annoying the hell out of me lately, I really want to get it done right.

Considering I can handle the "This is easy" track perfectly, what is it that I need to work on? I need specific exercies and good advice now, and I HAVE been practising with a metronome, and it doesn't seem to solve the problem, I'm doing something wrong.

I know this isn't exactly an "advanced technique", but I want some serious answers from people who know their stuff. I also know what I'm doing, but it is just this little thing that is bugging me. Any helpe would be greatly appreciated!

(oh, and whats the quick succession of four notes called? quad-something?)
Attachments:
example.zip
practice slowly is the only thing i can suggest,.
do u alternate pick?
it would be fairly simple to alternate pick with some practice
i dont understand you

this is soo easy i can play it jsut with downbeats

you should start to practise it slow and with alternate picking then switch to downpicks
Quote by SEbI666
i dont understand you

this is soo easy i can play it jsut with downbeats

you should start to practise it slow and with alternate picking then switch to downpicks

before you start bashing other people's guitar skills, learn how to spell "practice"... i even thought spell check has come so far...
Quote by nrc141

before you start bashing other people's guitar skills, learn how to spell "practice"... i even thought spell check has come so far...

They spell the verb practise in the UK, moron.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by nrc141

Before you start being a grammar Nazi, have something relevant to say towards the topic.

Wait...damn...
You just need to practice it. There is no secret technique that will help you nail it, just do it a lot.
I do alternate pick, and I can alternate pick very fast. It's just that particular motion of four palmmuted strokes followed by a single note that seems to lock me up.

Should I just practise it with the metronome? It's not that fun anymore, because it seems to be impossible for me to do it right. I never practised triplets with a metronome, and I can do those perfectly.
Is it everytime you get to that single note that's being an issue or is it one in particular? If it's all of them I'd guess it might be an issue with your muting co-oridination, though I'm not sure if you wanted that single note to be muted or not, so I might be way off there.

If it was one in particular I'd say have a look at your inside and outside picking and see if one of them's weaker eg. if you find inside picking more difficult you're going to have issues with one of the notes in there. Having said that though, those sorts of problems I would have guessed would have shown up in the other example too...
Slow it down till you can play it perfect over and over. Step up the speed a little and repeat. Youll have it down in no time.
Play it really slow and focus on all the motions until you can play it easily at a slow speed (as in you don't need to think about what you're doing), then speed it up.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables