Just got my new Randall and need some help.

No instruction booklet came with my amp so I'm not sure on a few things.
Do I need to wait to heat up the tubes?
Can I use a splitter jack (one jack two guitars) with this amp without damaging it?
When I turn it off, do I have to leave it on standby or anything?

Thanks for any help provided.
1.yes
2.doubt it
3.doubt it

also btw does yours sound like its gonna cave in when u turn it up loud?
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
heat up the tubes for a minute or two in standby, especially if the amp was in cold conditions before turning it on. get an a/b/y box and you can use two guitars, not at once though. dont know of any amp that can do that. when your turn it off, let it sit in standby for about two minutes, then turn the main power off.
thanks, also i'm not sure about which input jack i should be going into, there is a high one and a low one and i can't remember what each one is for???
low is for single coils and high is for humbuckers
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Yes you should put it on standby befor eyou turn it on.

You can use a splitter and put two guitars in one amp, however, it will sound muddy, since it'll distort the two guitars together. If you're just on cleans, I doubt it would be a problem

putting it on standby before you shut it off guarantees that the next time you power it on, it'll be in standby.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by macaroni
low is for single coils and high is for humbuckers

Don't you mean Low (as in low impedance) for actives, and high (as in high impedance) for passive...
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by htsktim91989
. . . when your turn it off, let it sit in standby for about two minutes, then turn the main power off.
That sequence isn't necessary on power-down, just on power-up. Simply turn both the "power" and "standby" switches to the "off/standby" position to turn the amp off. Turning "standby" to "off" really means, you're now in standby mode (the "amp-won't-make-sound" mode). This is merely a convenience, so that when you turn it on again, the amp is already in "standby" mode, and not in "all-the-way-on" mode.

Quote by Reincaster
Yes you should put it on standby before you turn it on . . . putting it on standby before you shut it off guarantees that the next time you power it on, it'll be in standby.
Oh. Didn't see Rein's post there. That's what I meant, but worded in a far more complicated way . . .
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by LEVEL4
That sequence isn't necessary on power-down, just on power-up. Turn both "power" and "standby" to "off/standby" (just turn both switches). Turning "standby" to "off" really means, you're now in standby mode, and this is merely a convenience, so that when you turn it on again, the amp is already in "standby" mode, and not in "all-the-way-on" mode, ready to make sound.

+1. The idea of standby is to warm up. Not cool down. They cool down by themselves. Duh.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Don't you mean Low (as in low impedance) for actives, and high (as in high impedance) for passive...

This man is correct.

Edit: But, your amp won't blow up if you use the "wrong" one. I prefer the Lo input for cleans and the high input for drive.

Edit 2: The above stands as long as you don't use active pups with the Hi input. >_<

That will probably damage your preamp.
Last edited by guitarcrazy1991 at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by LEVEL4
That sequence isn't necessary on power-down, just on power-up. Simply turn both the "power" and "standby" switches to the "off/standby" position to turn the amp off. Turning "standby" to "off" really means, you're now in standby mode (the "amp-won't-make-sound" mode). This is merely a convenience, so that when you turn it on again, the amp is already in "standby" mode, and not in "all-the-way-on" mode.

Oh. Didn't see Rein's post there. That's what I meant, but worded in a far more complicated way . . .

I thought my wording sounded simpler haha. but yes, that is the way I power on my amp and turn it off
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Cofflecakes

well according to randall, the high input is for high output pups and low is for low output pups.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
No, low impedance is for low output pickups, and high impedance is for active pickups. Putting a passive pickup in a high impedance input makes it considerably quieter.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
No, low impedance is for low output pickups, and high impedance is for active pickups. Putting a passive pickup in a high impedance input makes it considerably quieter.

thanks for clearing that up
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
step 1:
Turn it to "On"
Let it warm for a couple of minutes
step 2:
come back
Turn it to "Standyby"
step 3:
Play.
Gear: