hello all.

im having real difficulty with my new guitar, every time i try to tune it, one slight knock, or even going to the next string, even worse, just leaving it alone, i return to it and its out of tune in a matter of seconds......

is there anything that can help me!?
many thanks
Have you stretched in the strings?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by guyguy
nope, dont think so.....

just cant seem to tune it!

How long have u had this guitar for???????/

Because i am planning to buy this guitar
i haven't had it long, about a two months or so...

its a great guitar btw! advise anyone to buy it. just need to sort this little problem out....

otherwise, it'l be on ebay soon!
i dont wanna do that but...... i have a guitar that can't tune!
New strings strech for a while when they are fresh on. It will take a while for them to settle. Just stretch them, put them on and tune them up. Thrash around onthe guitar for a bit and repeat until they stay in tune.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Also, you may not have a good perception of tuning yet, so what you think sounds in tune at one point could be trash the next time.
Tune the guitar, then pull the strings about 1/2 inch above the fretboard. Tune the guitar again. Repeat until it stays in tune.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
One time when i changed strings i left the guitar over the night in standard tuning, and when i woke up the guitar was almost perfect in Drop C tuning
It makes sense if the strings are new, they tend to stretch a bit, so just tune it back up, play, or leave it in Drop C and play, eventually, it will stop doing that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
I have 2 Epiphone Les Paul Standards, a sunburst and a goldtop, if stretching the strings don't work you might have to adjust your intonation. Which is when the harmonic on the twelvth fret and the open string are not in tune with each other. You could take it to the place you bought it or another shop and get it checked out.
Keep jammin'.
What's the point of having 2?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
meaning they could have different pickups and totally different
technical setups...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
The strings will take time to stretch. If you have an electric tuner, just keep checking the tuning after your done playing, and re-adjust if needed. And then check it the next time you play, etc.