Page 1 of 2
Since I wanna learn, everybody can discuss and share what they can do here.
No death metal growls, just metalcore screams like in As I Lay Dying, Trivium, All that remains songs...
www.myspace.com/vigilklein
Damon Klein

American vs European metal

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
k.. well i dont think indian metal is gonna hit the airwaves any time soon.. so why dont you go to your room, crank up the britney spears, and STFU
I thought metalcore was highly technical music, such as BTBAM or Protest the Hero, you know, irregular time signatures n all that technical stuff.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by InstantAXonHero
I thought metalcore was highly technical music, such as BTBAM or Protest the Hero, you know, irregular time signatures n all that technical stuff.

1. Protest the Hero aren't technical.
2. You may be referring to mathcore, which neither BTBAM or PTH fall under.

And yeah, the bands he named were metalcore, but metalcore can vary greatly. The metalcore I listen to I'm pretty sure the thread starter wouldn't like at all.
Quote by Craigo

And yeah, the bands he named were metalcore, but metalcore can vary greatly. The metalcore I listen to I'm pretty sure the thread starter wouldn't like at all.

What is the metalcore I probably dont like? Well, I listen to bands like the ones I mentioned before, and they're the most known and popular.
Damon Klein

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
k.. well i dont think indian metal is gonna hit the airwaves any time soon.. so why dont you go to your room, crank up the britney spears, and STFU
And no I wont go to metal forum and ask questions like that, about metalcore, because they will flame me and send me back to the hardcore forum, so...
Damon Klein

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
Quote by Craigo

How is PTH not tech? They are pretty damn tech to my ears, maybe not as tech as other bands but tech compared to general realm of music
BTBAM is indeed metalcore, atleast during their S/t and TSC.
Craigo is right though, metalcore varies like a mofro.
I mean, I wouldn't consider Botch and AILD in the same genre (I still don't) but they are both metalcore.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Craigo

I dont understand why there can't be a hardcore vocals thread, I mean doing terror style vocals is a very different technique to vocals like suffocation. Its good to think about rules before you blindly follow them.

Edit: this thread has already been ruined by genre disputes and by me having a cry, but i'd really like to see a hardcore vocals thread made.
Last edited by Paracetamol at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by Paracetamol
but i'd really like to see a hardcore vocals thread made.

That would actually be pretty cool.
Quote by aggiefan33
That would actually be pretty cool.

yes please
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by TBC Guitarist
Someone get that **** started, I definitely want to learn.

This guy has some pretty helpful vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/austin29803
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I have a really bad mid scream and was wondering how I could make it sound fuller and more powerful like As I Lay Dying for instance. I have the low screams like Dethklok down almost perfectly and I can sort of do screamo vocals but I'm not good at screaming in the middle of my vocal range for some range for some reason.

Tips?
Quote by Damon Klein
What is the metalcore I probably dont like? Well, I listen to bands like the ones I mentioned before, and they're the most known and popular.

Life in Pictures, Converge, The Red Chord, Botch, more of the older stuff really. The Red Chord are just straight out awesome though.
Quote by Craigo

Spot who gets their information off wikipedia, try listening to the music, instead of placing every band you've listened to into a dictionary-esque based category. That's not what music is about.
So does anyone have an actual "How to" on metalcore screaming?
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
So does anyone have an actual "How to" on metalcore screaming?

I think Andy summed it up.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by Paracetamol
Spot who gets their information off wikipedia, try listening to the music, instead of placing every band you've listened to into a dictionary-esque based category. That's not what music is about.

Actually, how about I've listened to Kezia and their demos? I'd think before you make these presumptions.

And genres exist because bands ARE different, not because we just can.
Quote by Craigo
Actually, how about I've listened to Kezia and their demos? I'd think before you make these presumptions.

And genres exist because bands ARE different, not because we just can.

Well then you would know that in parts pth can be equally as technical as psyopus or beneath the massarce.
Listen to Fortress and tell me PTH aren't technical.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
This thread was made for people wanting to learn how to scream. Not argue about what genre a band is
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Damon Klein
Since I wanna learn, everybody can discuss and share what they can do here.
No death metal growls, just metalcore screams like in As I Lay Dying, Trivium, All that remains songs...

I can do a death metal growl. Pretty cool, eh?
I think no matter how many videos you watch, you gotta get it by yourself cause some videos are pretty helpful and stuff but you can't learn just watching others doing it, I think the best way is to try and try and sing along and try all day long until you hear you got it. But it's just my opinion
Damon Klein

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
Quote by CFH82
This thread was made for people wanting to learn how to scream. Not argue about what genre a band is

true, man. I respect you.
Damon Klein

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
Quote by devourthekitten
I can do a death metal growl. Pretty cool, eh?

I love death metal growls, don't get me wrong, but there's already a growling thread and I go there to learn how to growl and read tips and stuff. So, I made a screaming growl. I'd love to learn both screaming and growling, more growling though, so I really envy you if you can growl. Damn it
Damon Klein

Quote by lefthandman9876
they're both crap

Quote by KingNando
Quote by Craigo

What the **** are you smoking?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Does anyone else feel idiotic when trying to scream?

Depends.

There's real technique so screaming, so I don't feel stupid doing it. When it's just shouting, I need to get into the mood.
I'd love to be able to scream, but when I try it I can't help but feel embarrassed, even if I'm by myself.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by InstantAXonHero
I'd love to be able to scream, but when I try it I can't help but feel embarrassed, even if I'm by myself.

Look up techniques. It's easier than you think after practice (well, easier to practice).
Quote by Craigo
Life in Pictures, Converge, The Red Chord, Botch, more of the older stuff really. The Red Chord are just straight out awesome though.

You must be Homosexual.
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Quote by synester_gates
You must be Homosexual.

Your name is synester_gates.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT