On the way back up froma divebomb, a noise, I think it is the springs, is audbile through my amp

It is like a clunking sound, im pretty sure that its the springs clickin g back into place

But for songs like eruption and what not it ruins it
schecter damien fr

im wonderin whether to spray the springs with a bit of wd-40 ?
Might be your springs if they are new or if its a double locking system like a Floyd then your nut might not be set properly or tight enough and slightly moves when the tension on the strings are released when you divebomb thus giving you that sound. The nut problem usually happens when you go ALL the way down to where the strings are like spaghetti. If its is a Floyd or Floyd-type unplug your guitar and divebomb down while paying attention to the nut and see if it slightly moves or if the sound is coming from there or have your hand on the springs in the back and see if you can feel it when they 'clunk' :P
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i have a jackson DXMG that does that, theres a music store around where i live, im going to see if i can by some extra springs for it because i think thats supposed to help, that noise scares me because im afraid its going to mess up the guitar
Its relatively new, about a month id say

Upon closer examination it is the nut that is clicking
Quote by rocabilly
Its relatively new, about a month id say

Upon closer examination it is the nut that is clicking

Told ya Its nothing bad don't worry. In the mean time I wouldn't go down that far when you divebomb so it clicks. It'll be alright. The nut may just need to be tightened, or sanded at the bottom so it sits perfectly flat etc. I dunno which one as I can't see it. If I were you just take it to a shop and they'll do it for you. Its nothing bad, stuff like this happens. Shouldn't cost much to get it fixed either. Just a quick repair job. It'll be fine to play on but like I said I wouldn't go that far down so it clicks till you get it fixed.

EDIT:
...and I ain't your son lol probably older then you I'm sure
haha i meant idea'S on

I just loosened the nut and then retightened it

that seems to have done the job

thanks all the same
Quote by rocabilly
haha i meant idea'S on

I just loosened the nut and then retightened it

that seems to have done the job

thanks all the same

No problem, seemed like an easy fix then Always a good thing
Quote by rocabilly
schecter damien fr

im wonderin whether to spray the springs with a bit of wd-40 ?

i would suggest using another type of oil...machine oil
wd40 sometimes isn't good for wood since it absorbs moisture