Just a quick question, I'm thinking of purchasing a Cube 20X. I know it has a fair bit of effects already built in but how well do the Cubes sound with effects pedals in front of them? I know some transistor amps sound like crap with them as opposed to tube amps like my Champ 600 which loves them. Feedback of personal experience would be great. Thanks guys.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Roland are great , i have the micro cube and its amazing , if i could have the exactly same thing with 50 watts i would so buy it
Get roland cube 30x. 20x doesn't have the amp modeling, wich roland cubes are known for.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I have a Roland Cube 30x and it has treated me very well, its a good beginner amp and has some sweet Amp Modeling so you don't have to spend the hard earned cash for pedals, you can simply rock however you want XD. However I am selling mine to save up for a Orange or Vox.
I have a Roland Cube 30x too, and it is a very good amp. I can get most tones out of it, and it makes my Pacifica sound decent. So, yeah, I'd get one if I were you.
Tell me, who is this?
It's Mr. Lemon...
What are you doing here?
I'm off to the cupboard, where I keep the bodies...
Bad Mr. Lemon, bad lemon.
I think people are missing my point. I have a few pedals I like and love to use for the sound I want to get and will use them regardless of the amp I'm using. I'm wondering if the Cubes sound alright with effects pedals in front of them. But yea the added built-in effects are always good
I have the Cube 30, strongly recommended. Great choice if you're on a budget.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I've had a cube 30 for nearly a year now. It's always done right by me as I was learning to play but recently the built in modeling effects have been leaving me wanting more.

A Digitech RP250 solved that. My cube 30 is loud enough to practice with bigger stuff; it's great.
I have an old orange cube 20 with no onboard effects, and it's a great sounding little ss amp, with or without effects. I'm sure the sound quality's just as good with the new ones.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
roland cubes are good for bedroom practices but if you wish to use it for any gig look into valvetronix by vox!
i got the micro cube. its amazing for like bedroom practacing but now i know what i wanna play because i got the amp as a starter, im saving up for a marshalls zakk wylde micro stack
DISTRACTION
I've had a Cube 30 and still have a Microcube and to be honest, it's hit or miss with the pedals. I've had some pedals sound OK at best, and some sound absolutely horrid. Best thing to do is to just try out the individual pedals and see what you can and can't live with.

Other suggestions that you might want to look at and try out when you get the chance...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tube-Combo-Amps-Combo-Amps3,100-200.gc
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
I've had a Cube 30 and still have a Microcube and to be honest, it's hit or miss with the pedals. I've had some pedals sound OK at best, and some sound absolutely horrid. Best thing to do is to just try out the individual pedals and see what you can and can't live with.

Other suggestions that you might want to look at and try out when you get the chance...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tube-Combo-Amps-Combo-Amps3,100-200.gc

Yea thats what I wanted to hear, thanks. I have a Fender Champion 600 already and love it. It is hit and miss with the solid state amps. I have heard some great ones and then some that sounded like bleh with pedals. Just looking into a second amp thats possibly louder but doesn't have to be, portable and has a lot of options. I think I'll either go with a Microcube or 20X.
I haven't had the chance to actually crank a Fender Champion up, but when I had an Epi Valve Jr., that thing was able to get extremely loud. Close to the Cube 30 I had owned.

If you don't go tube though, and are set on the Cubes, I would strongly suggest going with either the Microcube (although granted, it's not gonna be louder than your 600, it's super portable), or the Cube 30x. Both actually have more features than either the 15x or 20x. And I don't think the 20x will honestly be all that louder than the 600 (at least the 600 "should" sound better cranked anyway).

If volume is an issue, I'd try to get the 30x. Thankfully it's not so big that it's a chore to carry, just not as portable in comparison to the Microcube (or 600 for that matter).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by dacat
microcube plus big muff-rat=good on clean channel of cube.

Thanks man, yea if i used my pedals it would be on clean channel.