Page 1 of 2
I think it's RHCP bassist Flea, his popping and slapping lines are amazing, some crazy speed and its very hard to play.
As much as I adore, love, and idolize Flea, Les Claypool has it in the bag.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Mike Watt
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Victor Wooten
Geddy Lee
John Entwistle
Jaco Pastorius

All insane, Flee is a good bassist but not even close to best
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Jaco, Jaco, Jaco.
His music is beyond description...it exudes benevolence and just wraps you in safety at the same time making you exhilarated and expanding the possibilites of your world. This is like listening to Jaco the first time, except he continues his first impression- this wondrous suprise- each time you listen to him.
John Entwistle. Hands down.
But the smile you send in my direction makes me feel like I'm alive
chris squire is pretty damn good.

my favorite is peter hook though... he just formed an all-bass trio that i'm not entirely excited to hear, though....
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
Les Claypool and Flea are good bassist, very good. But they are definatley not the best, im sure. Victor wooten is definately better. Im sure of that.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Victor wooten is definately better. Im sure of that.

Because he's the best.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Mike Watt x4! Oh yeah....
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
In my opinion, it's totally Jaco.

In fact, my dad almost named me Jaco. >_>
Les Claypool

He is the bass god.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Guess I'm not the only one sick of people saying Flea is the best.

My vote goes to Pastorius only because I'm more familiar with his work than Wooten's.
Yeah Victor Wooten!

Jack Bruce is good too - sometimes it's just amazing what he's doing underneath Clapton's solos on live Cream stuff. He's basically soloing himself at the same time, just not heard as much because hes not as loud as the guitar.

Pastorius is good too
Clapton
McLaughlin

Metheny
Wakenius
^ what you said about Jack Bruce is true, but you should listen to Berry Oakley of the Allman Bros. Band. that is exactly what he does and he is amazing. While Duane and Dickey are ripping it up BO is himself on the low end and it is amazing how the 3 can all rip and solo at the same time and it all coems together melodically and perfectly.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
^ what you said about Jack Bruce is true, but you should listen to Berry Oakley of the Allman Bros. Band. that is exactly what he does and he is amazing. While Duane and Dickey are ripping it up BO is himself on the low end and it is amazing how the 3 can all rip and solo at the same time and it all coems together melodically and perfectly.

Ok cheers I'll check em out
Clapton
McLaughlin

Metheny
Wakenius
Tim Commerford
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
John myung anyone?

Yeah, fleas overated.

Oh, and les claypool is ****in' amazing
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
Flea is overrated, Claypool is certainly amazing, but Victor Wooten takes the cake. He's ****in' insane!
Victor Wooten
Michael Manring
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Cliff Burton (Was watching some of his bass shredding earlier)
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
that dude for the red hot chillis seems cool...
Light touch my hand, in a dream of Golden Skans, from now on.
You can forget our future plans.
Brian Ritchie (Violent Femmes)
When we are touched by a song, it is because the artist cannot hide himself. ~Leonard Cohen
Marcus Miller. He has an amazing blend of both technique and feel.

Check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BZJdjixEtxQ

I saw him live a couple of years ago. Not only did he put on an AMAZING show with his incredibly tight band, but he's also one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to meet.
Page 1 of 2