Well first of all ill start with my main question which is for my friend

1. Between the fireball and the powerball which Amp would you say gives off a more metal sound. (i know its best to go and try these things but where abouts I am its pretty impossible since the local shop is just generally a marshall dealer =[)

2. Im Interested in getting Krank Revloution head (or the Krankstein i thinks the other one) how good is that distortion compared to the SLO because i think SLO is the god of all amps but i cant afford that and even though the krank is still a fair bit of money its still cheaper.. Again its for the Metal sound.
Well, first of all the powerball is just amazing on its own. You say you dont have enough money for a SLO, but you want a Powerball??? Either way, Engl, and KRANK are all about metal so you are going to get a metal tone out of either brand. What you need to do is play with them to know which one sounds better to your ears. Like, you can pretty much play metal with most amplifiers, you just need to do a lot of tweaking depending. Honestly though, if you can afford KRANK stuff, buy a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster, you will not be disappointed!
1. The Fireball is pretty much Death Metal and Clean. The Powerball is actually very versatile, it's a great metal amp and can play other stuff as well. I personally would rather have the Powerball, but it might be different for you.

2. I've never tried a Rev so I really can't comment to how it sounds compared to an SLO, however, if you're going to buy a Krank BUY IT USED, I can't stress this enough. The value of a Krank amp after you buy it new seriously goes down like 2/3 in price. You can easily pick up the whole Rev halfstack for under $1500 used with nothing at all wrong with it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Well, first of all the powerball is just amazing on its own. You say you dont have enough money for a SLO, but you want a Powerball??? Either way, Engl, and KRANK are all about metal so you are going to get a metal tone out of either brand. What you need to do is play with them to know which one sounds better to your ears. Like, you can pretty much play metal with most amplifiers, you just need to do a lot of tweaking depending. Honestly though, if you can afford KRANK stuff, buy a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster, you will not be disappointed!

Nooo my friend is intrested in the fireball and powerball

IM the SLO vs Krank question LOL

but thanks for your help =] but arnt the mesa's ment to be a bit lose on the bass and from what ive personally heard of them the higher end of it just doesnt seem to cut through as well although again that could be done with tweaking =]
based on the avenger (haven't tried the SLO), i'd have thought an SLO would annihilate a krank. i'm not much fond of the revolution (and less fond of the krankenstein). Though obviously personal preference and all that.

Engls are nice, but are expensive in the USA, where things like bogners and soldanos are better value than in europe. fireball is more death metal in tonality (and as matrix says, pretty much either death metal or clean) while the powerball is more power metal, and a bit more versatile (though if versatility is your main concern, there are better engls for that IMO).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?