Poll: Should I make the transaction?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I make the transaction?
Sell Roland Cube 60, get ValveKing 112
20 83%
Do not sell
1 4%
Other suggestion (please specify)
3 13%
Voters: 24.
I've set my heart on getting a new tube amp...and the Peavey Valvekings seem to get tons upon tons of recommendations around here. I was thinking about trading in my Roland Cube 60 to a pawn shop for around $300 (best offer I've gotten so far) and then getting $100 more on my own so I could get the ValveKing 112.

One reason I have decided getting a tube amp is because I have a new guitar I'm planning to buy with an extremely high output active pickup, and I don't want my cube to cause any unwanted noise or make it sound horrid.

I play everything, but mostly metal/hardcore/nu-metal in style, but I do hear the ValveKing is quite versatile.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Keep the cube until you can afford a decent valve amp- the VK is really muddy and eurgh.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I would say sell the cube, but buy another amp, I have heard that the vk isnt sooooo good....but if you like how it sounds then I would go for it.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
I would say sell the cube, but buy another amp, I have heard that the vk isnt sooooo good....but if you like how it sounds then I would go for it.

Could I find a tube amp as good or better at around the $400 price range? I'm a little bit restricted on money at the moment; I'm trying to keep music purchases to a minimum.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Used Palomino V32 or Peavey Classic 30. You'd definitely need an OD though. I think you should check into B-52 amps as well. I forget the model, but just check out the tube amps.
Quote by Iceman 420
Used Palomino V32 or Peavey Classic 30. You'd definitely need an OD though. I think you should check into B-52 amps as well. I forget the model, but just check out the tube amps.

Are any of them good for my genres of music and/or active pickups?

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
With the right tweaking and OD peal, they can go from country to metal. And active pick-ups sound better through any tube amp than to a solid state. But frankly, I think the Valveking would be good for the music you play.
Quote by Iceman 420
With the right tweaking and OD peal, they can go from country to metal. And active pick-ups sound better through any tube amp than to a solid state. But frankly, I think the Valveking would be good for the music you play.

I have a Boss ML-2 (Metalcore) pedal and that's it in the pedal department...thanks for the suggestions, though, I'll try to look into all of them

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Should I just purchase my next guitar and wait and buy a tube amp when I figure out which kind I like?

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Should I just purchase my next guitar and wait and buy a tube amp when I figure out which kind I like?

Buy the guitar and take it up to the local guitar store and test out some amps with it... Your buying the guitar regardless so the amp can always wait... Atleast until you get tired of the sound thats coming out of your roland...