So I like hardcore, and emo is good, but I'm not really INTO emo (not the screaming stuff). I know SKSK, Chiodos, Protest the Hero, I Am Ghost, Alesana, etc. though. But I noticed I really like Snake Devil by SKSK, and Ambrosia by Alesana (well I love the guitar parts, but not the untintelligible screaming...I don't mind screaming as long as I can understand what they are saying), but I don't like the albums they are on as a whole, and obviously these songs are a bit different. So can anyone recommend me similar stuff to Snake Devil?
please learn the definitions of hardcore and emo, because you dont listen to any of those genres.

id recommend you some stuff but SKSK blows.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Okay well obviously emo refers to like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Get Up Kids, etc. and hardcore refers to a bunch of stuff. But what would you call those bands then?
Almost every band you listed are just generic pop-rock bands with screaming. That does not mean they are Hardcore or Emo. The only exception would be PTH, who I can't stand because of the vocals but at least they are talented.
Could you not triple post
also, waldorph pretty much hit the nail on the head.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
neither hardcore nor emo started in the late 1990s or the early 2000s. hardcore started in late 70s early 80s, and emo (well, emocore) started in the mid 80s.
Quote by gdawg3001
neither hardcore nor emo started in the late 1990s or the early 2000s. hardcore started in late 70s early 80s, and emo (well, emocore) started in the mid 80s.

lolz y has this thread not been closed yet?

lolz @ emocore too
If you want to get into emo start with bands like Moss Icon, Rites of Sping, Embrace, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Braid.

I'm not the biggest hardcore fan, but when I was I liked Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, and Gorilla Biscuits. You know, standard stuff
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i was convinced they were good metalcore and nothing along the lines of emo, but thats just me.
i think their songs are emotionally intense and poetic. i dont see emo as a negative label though. not directing to bands like chiodos or alesana