ive been playing for around a year now and i still cant play solos worth a damn. it seems like every time i try and learn one i suddenly forget how to play it, especially when i try and play with a song. does anyone have any tips on how to get better at soloing?
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Other than practicing it over, and over, and over, and over again, with the song, without the song, to a metronome, etc, there isn't any other magic trick I can think of that can help you play it better or remember it easier.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
You just have to practice, man.

There's not fast or slow way of going about it.

Practice, practice, practice. You'll get it eventually.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Thats the only thing that i dont like about learning solos....sometimes I just get sick of hearing them if it takes me a long time to learn them. Thats why i like improv soloing cause you play what you think! Good stuff!
Hello