so what is the best way to get a good natural overdrive? what are some good eq settings?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Low master volume, high channel volume. (thats if you want a general low volume for your room)
Quote by fifer
so what is the best way to get a good natural overdrive? what are some good eq settings?

The best way to get natural overdrive is to turn it up. Turn the MV down as needed.

Good eq settings- I actually like 12:00 on treble and bass. Obviously, where you set the EQ depends on how your particular rig sounds so it's rather daft to be suggesting any settings. Plus, there are only two EQ knobs, how much trouble can you possibly be having?
Well I don't own one, but I can give you a tip on how to get one.

First: Plug into the channel you want (probably top boost, since that's the one iwht the EQ)
First set all the controls for that channel to 12 o'clock and set the master volume to zero. Then adjust the master volume to the right loudness. After that, take or add as much gain you want. After that I recommend EQ'ing in the way you want until it sounds good. Like if you want more bass, add bass, wnat less treble, decrease, like the treble and bass but want more mids, decrease the treble and bass. Fine adjust the gain and your good to go!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
everything turned up. that's how u do it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Roc8995
The best way to get natural overdrive is to turn it up. Turn the MV down as needed.

Good eq settings- I actually like 12:00 on treble and bass. Obviously, where you set the EQ depends on how your particular rig sounds so it's rather daft to be suggesting any settings. Plus, there are only two EQ knobs, how much trouble can you possibly be having?

well I thought I might be missing something because I can hardly get much overdrive. Ive had the channel volume all the way and the master at like 9 o clock, and it doesnt have much overdrive...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Feb 7, 2008,
because... u had the master at like 9 o'clock? it helps if it's around 3 o'clock.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
oo ok, thanks...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
yea when i tried it in GC, the master volume was low iwth the volume high up. not good tone. ac30's liveliness comes from the powertubes breaking up. without it, it is not a good amp. but just becausae it has the godly powertube breakup, it's a great amp.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ikd but it seems that the lower the mv is the more overdrive I am getting...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by ECistheBest
yea when i tried it in GC, the master volume was low iwth the volume high up. not good tone. ac30's liveliness comes from the powertubes breaking up. without it, it is not a good amp. but just becausae it has the godly powertube breakup, it's a great amp.

I still think it sounds great at low volumes but ya obviously it sounds godly when you crank it!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90