does anybody know of a program like powertab or guitar pro that can transcribe music, but doesn't have the tablature lines below it? in other words, does anyone know of a program that i can write music, but for only the traditional score?

(please be free :-))
Check out my music, if you please.
All i can think of is finale, I'm not sure if its free though
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by hazzmatazz
You can hide the tab on GP anyway, so your just left with the notes.

Your best bet
Finale Notepad - it's free
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Quote by hazzmatazz
You can hide the tab on GP anyway, so your just left with the notes.

i dont have it tho
Notation is useless for guitar and bass. For other instruments it is useful. Why the hell do you want to make it harder to read the music, you are supposed to practice playing guitar, not reading music.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Notation is useless for guitar and bass. For other instruments it is useful. Why the hell do you want to make it harder to read the music, you are
supposed to practice playing guitar, not reading music.

I hope you have 0 aspirations to head to college in a music major with that attitude.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by hethamulburton
I hope you have 0 aspirations to head to college in a music major with that attitude.

Well, I think it is more important to get good at playing. I would rather spend my time getting better, not learning how to read music. Maybe sometime else I will learn how to read music but not now. I can read music a little.

To the TS: I think you can hide the tabs in Guitar Pro, not sure.
Quote by GiantRaven
Sibelius

I use Silbelius too, it works pretty well.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by GiantRaven
Sibelius

Very good to use. I'm transcribing Whiskey In The Jar - The Pogues on it at the moment and then inputting it into Reason 4 and making a dance track. Oh yeah! It's fully notated and plays back too. It's awesome.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Masonpwiley

Notation is useless for guitar and bass. For other instruments it is useful. Why the hell do you want to make it harder to read the music, you are supposed to practice playing guitar, not reading music.

Well, I think it is more important to get good at playing. I would rather spend my time getting better, not learning how to read music.

Haha, ignorance is bliss.
Yea guitar pro, and yes it does help to learn to know how to read standard music sheets, thank god for 7 of school band .
Quote by Masonpwiley

its not for guitar...
Quote by Masonpwiley
Well, I think it is more important to get good at playing. I would rather spend my time getting better, not learning how to read music. Maybe sometime else I will learn how to read music but not now. I can read music a little.

To the TS: I think you can hide the tabs in Guitar Pro, not sure.

Hopefully, Bassa Nova[or whoever that one reading-music elitist was] won't see this post.
Quote by Masonpwiley

Also in Violin it's hard to transcribe stuff to sheet music and you can play the same note in many positions.
How much people you see saying that notation is useless to violin?
People like you are the ones that give guitar a low esteem in the music world.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Also in Violin it's hard to transcribe stuff to sheet music and you can play the same note in many positions.
For all stringed instruments, a simple finger number on top of the note imply the position to play in.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I really don't know of any programs to do it. But my guitar teacher has been making me do standard, so I just kinda translate it into tablature.
Quote by its_alive
I really don't know of any programs to do it. But my guitar teacher has been making me do standard, so I just kinda translate it into tablature.

I used to do that to learn the piece, but then try to read it after I became familiar with the structure of the song. If you use tablature right, it can become quite handy, but standard notation is simply the best and isn't so bad once you get used to it.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.