Page 1 of 2
Ok spare the coments, but i bought a marshall mg 50................................................................................ the pause was for you guys to laugh ur asses off.

Ok so there was 450$ out the window but do any of you guys know of any pedals that are about 150$ - 300$ that might help my mistake?

Also i had an idea- would it be possible to get a lower end jcm or any other amp head and hook it up to my mg50? like does it just go in throught the input or could i screw with it and get it to go in the cd in? i already have a boss blues driver 2 so dont bother suggesting anything particularly bluesy. im 13 and my birthday isnt till sept so im open to lots of suggestions cuase i dont wanna **** up like my mg 50 ever again

I really dont need anything close to 50 watts so if u guys have any ideas about 20-40 watt amps in a reasonable price range ( 450 $ tops ) im open about those too.

So im just looking for something pretty nice so dont bother telling me to save up and buy a marshall stack and cabinet.

im easy so all of your ideas are apreiciated.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
If you hook anything up to the MG, you'll fry both. Amps don't work like that. Did you just buy it? Also, did you feel you ****ed up only after looking at the forum?
When did you buy this amp?
If it's new, take it back, if not, sell it and get a cheapish valve combo.

You can't just get a load of pedals and hope the bad tone goes away.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
this may be obvious but you should get a tube amp.....look into the peavey valve king
Take the MG BACK TO THE STORE!!!!

Get your money, combine it with your pedal money, and get a used JCM!

You can't polish a turd, my friend.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Sell, save, buy nice 30W tube combo

Quote by dudetheman

You can't polish a turd, my friend.

We'll see about that!
*runs off to toilet with can of Mr Sheen*
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Feb 7, 2008,
i was gunna get this amp... but now i hear all MG's suck... i'll probably get a line 6
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by Kynyster_K
i was gunna get this amp... but now i hear all MG's suck... i'll probably get a line 6

That's just as bad
ohai little sig.
the spiders suck too?
****... im not rich whats a good amp for around 200-250 $??
Quote by Kynyster_K
the spiders suck too?
****... im not rich whats a good amp for around 200-250 $??

Roland Cubes are pretty good.

What music are you gunna play with it?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Save up and get a JVM410
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
probably mostly metal, rock/ hard rock...
maybe some blues and some soft rock every now n then
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
sorry guys taking it back to the store is out of the question cuz me and my dad pooled in on it and my dad actually *gulp* likes it so what amps are there that are aprox 450$ ?
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Kynyster_K
probably mostly metal, rock/ hard rock...
maybe some blues and some soft rock every now n then

Yeah, I think a Cube would be perfect.

Check out this video of it, it really demonstrates the Cube's abilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
i'm glad u guys warned me they suck... saved me some $
thanks...
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by ac/dc752
sorry guys taking it back to the store is out of the question cuz me and my dad pooled in on it and my dad actually *gulp* likes it so what amps are there that are aprox 450$ ?

How does he "like" it?

My friend has an MG, and everything you play through it sounds like kicking a box of killer bees while there's a hoarse clown inside.

What music will you be playing?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by Kynyster_K
thanks dudetheman

No prob!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
This forum is dedicate to putting people off Line 6 and MG's! They are both OK -- if they are not leaving the house. Most amps are better than the player - if your vibrato is flat no amp in the world is going to save you. Work harder with what you have got -- I bet Eric Clapton could stop traffic playing through what you have!
Stop showing off and play the music!
As for type of music i like a variety ....... mostly classic rock and blues ( take a look at my name and think ) :P and some metal her eand there so dont worry too much about the clean channel
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Tell your dad that there's MUCH better out there for around that sort of price.
But if you're just using it for practice and you both like the tone, keep it, it's upto you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by ac/dc752
As for type of music i like a variety ....... mostly classic rock and blues ( take a look at my name and think ) :P and some metal her eand there so dont worry too much about the clean channel

Hrmm.....

The only thing I KNOW is good for this music is this combination of amp and pedal:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075

and:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Metal-Muff-with-Top-Boost?sku=153339

How do I know? Because that's almost the exact gear I use!

A clean amp with a box in front.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Roland Cubes are pretty good.

What music are you gunna play with it?

Roland Cubes are terrible compared to Spiders. My Spider, at least. It's the only I've used, and it's amazing. It has amazing tone. My friend actually wants to trade his Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for it.
Quote by Kynyster_K

AHAHAHAHHHAAH........AHAHAHAHAHA.....

oh yeah...

ps: AAHHAHAHAHA
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Roland Cubes are terrible compared to Spiders. My Spider, at least. It's the only I've used, and it's amazing. It has amazing tone. My friend actually wants to trade his Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for it.

I think you're wrong.

Spiders are terrible amps with thin, digital-sounding effects.

If you like yours, then that's all fine and well, but don't spread the disease.

EDIT: You should probably make that trade.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Have you played them enough to pass judgment? The Cubes are some of the best modeling amps made. Most of the amps that use modeling technology all sound alike. The cube does a good job of getting many sounds into one amp and all of them are pretty believable especially the higher gain settings.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Have you played them enough to pass judgment? The Cubes are some of the best modeling amps made. Most of the amps that use modeling technology all sound alike. The cube does a good job of getting many sounds into one amp and all of them are pretty believable especially the higher gain settings.

I use my friend's Cube all the time, and the different gain settings are terrible compared to the spider. Plus, with the spider, you can store in a hell of a lot of your own settings, and for about $100, you can get a foot switch to control it, which also has a wha built in, along with a volume adjustment pedal.
hmmmm the cube 60 looks good but how much is it it seems like it would be out of my budget.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngelOfHatred

lmfao this thread just keeps on being entertaining.

OMGFOMGOOGMOMGOMGOMG MINE LINER 6 IS SO HAWTTTTT. hahahahahahahahah
Quote by ac/dc752
hmmmm the cube 60 looks good but how much is it it seems like it would be out of my budget.

You can get the smaller ones (15W, 20W, 30W) for less.

I think the 60 is like 350 USD or something.

EDIT: Yup, LINK:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
damn... WTF is a guy 2 do? one says they suck... the other says theyre great
???????????
Quote by Kynyster_K
???????????

The person buying something should try out a lot of things, and get what they like. I got what I thought suited me best, and I'm happy with the choice I made, even though everyone on here seems to hate my amp. I haven't met anyone in person yet that doesn't like Line 6 Spiders.
Quote by Kynyster_K
???????????

seems like a problem that can be easily solved lol....

buy something that is almost universally agreed to be superior.

peavey 5150's imo are pretty fun to play out of...of course you need a quality guitar to get a really nice sound. 5150's make you work for your sound, as some other quality tubes will make a broom with strings sound good.

ask around...there are hundreds of different amps that dont have the bad rep of spiders and MGs

The person buying something should try out a lot of things, and get what they like. I got what I thought suited me best, and I'm happy with the choice I made, even though everyone on here seems to hate my amp. I haven't met anyone in person yet that doesn't like Line 6 Spiders.

do you play your guitar for deaf handicapped kids at school or what?
Did someone ever hear of the word "preference" before? Some like spiders, some do not. Some like Cubes, some do not. Deal with it. So don't laugh at people preferring spiders over Cubes, it's all about what kind of sound you want.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Kynyster_K
???????????

Well, you could look at who's been around longer.

Why would I lie to someone about an amp?

There is no reason.

Why would HE^ lie to someone about an amp?

Because he bought a pile of shit, is afraid to admit it, and feels he should defend his expensive pile of shit, even at the cost of giving someone bad advice.

Listen to the video I posted, it says it ALL.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
yeah... i'd like 2 try some crap out... but i live in dumbass/redneck-ville
there are no music stores within 40 miles except for 1... but they have a bunch of CRAP... and only peavey amps...
imma go 2 guitar center someday
I didn't pay for my "pile of ****" so why would I regret buying it? It was a gift, and I chose it out, and the only reason why I would think someone wouldn't like it is because of the crappy effects on it. I don't use the effects, only the different channels and distortion settings.

I don't see why you're asking other people what amp to buy, go try out a bunch and get what YOU like. Everyone has different preferences, and yours may be different from ours.

And, I don't play for deaf handicapped kids, I play music with my friends, and my band plays the occasional show.
Quote by HeavyReverb
Save up and get a JVM410

That's a little over the top
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Page 1 of 2