I am considering picking up this wah, the guy says it is a Vox 847a, but as you can see the jacks are not mounted on the circuit board. The inductor looks like nothing I've seen before (assuming it IS the inductor, the thing that says L1A on it), and those big yellow things are capacitors?? It all looks so different than any circuit pics I have seen on the internet.

I was under the impression that the 847A was unmoddable and had PCB mounted jacks.

Can this wah be modded using all the mod info on the internet?

Can anyone help me out here? It's brand new condition and a good price so I want to scoop it up before someone else does, but I want to make sure I can mod it.

Thanks!!!
Yeah, you cna mod just about anything if you really want to. But I would guess a 847A wah, but Im not a hundred percent sure on that.
Yeah the thing with the L1A on it is going to be your inductor, and yes the yellow things are caps too. Im pretty sure of that. The black ones are electrolytic caps, and I think the yellow and some kind of mylar film caps.
Do you guys think I can still use all the instruction out there for wah modding, or is this wah totally designed differently? I mean I see a tiny circuit board on the pot, which is definitely different.

I mean, if I can't mod it using the normal 847 mods, then it's not worth getting for me, as I NEED to be able to mod it.
Quote by cj223
Do you guys think I can still use all the instruction out there for wah modding, or is this wah totally designed differently? I mean I see a tiny circuit board on the pot, which is definitely different.

I mean, if I can't mod it using the normal 847 mods, then it's not worth getting for me, as I NEED to be able to mod it.

Take it to a guitar store, they will know what to do

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
yeah, that really is the v847a. i'm sure it can be modded, you just need to unscrew that bolt that goes through the board to get to the underside. i haven't been able to do so, but if keeley has a v847a mod, then it is possible.

proof:

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
The only thing that would really give you trouble on the V847a are the resistors, they're surface mount. Quite tiny, a major pain to work with. The caps, transitors, inductor, pot can all be swapped. You could also do true bypass if you wanted to. But not being able to change the resistors is really going to limit you.

If you want something easier to mod grab an Original Crybaby or a V847.
Whole Lotta Led: Thanks. That's what I was thinking.... but wasn't sure if this was was as mod friendly as the older versions. Ah well.... at least now I know.

Thanks very much for all of your input guys!!