I've been tinkering with my GT-8 for a while, and I wanted to test out some direct recording tones. I just picked up 2 1/4 to 1/8 adapters, so I'm running my audio out into my GT-8, then back into the mic input for direct recording. I don't think the patch I made can show the full potential of the GT-8, as it hasn't really been tweaked all that much. I just kind of threw some preset FX into it and did some minor EQ tweaking.

Anyway, the song is only the first half of it. I couldn't perform the sweeping because I'm not that good yet.. I've only been playing for about a year and half or two years. My first year was very.... Well... I'd play once every other week or so.

There are a few minor errors, and the part after the initial sweeping I really don't think I played very well, I've nailed it a couple of times before but I seem to have so much trouble with getting that part down perfect. IDK why. I guess I'll have to practice it at a slower speed and bring it up. :/

Anyway, comments are obviously welcome. But, for the majority it was just a simple tone test.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2QlZdFUkgNI

Enjoy. (I hope. )
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

watched it. definitely great if you've been playing as long as you say you've been.
the game
^Thanks. I'm so worried about falling behind.

^^It was 387 shipped I believe. Agile AL3100, absolutely lovely guitar.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

tone sounds perfectly fine to me, and you're playing wasnt too shabby either
I see no sign of fortress.
If you've been playing 2 years....I suck. Do you self teach?

I'm self taught for 2 years now, and I'm not at that level.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by carlyroxmysox
If you've been playing 2 years....I suck. Do you self teach?

I'm self taught for 2 years now, and I'm not at that level.

Yeah I am self taught. I really wish I could find a good teacher though. :\

.:SwAmPmOnKeY:.

I've never really heard the original. Well at least not in a long time. I liked your tone. It sounded a LITTLE thin for leads, but nothing extremely bad. A little more beef and I'd say it was a really nice tone. The playing was pretty nice as well.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220