How is this thing http://www.bananas.com/productdetail.asp/pid_8460/productname_Damage-Control-Demonizer-Tube-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal
My guitar teacher recommended it for me to replace the preamp on my fender 212r for good distortion. By plugging it in through the "pwr in" which skips the amps preamp so it just uses the speakers.

Would this thing work well? would it sound good? are there any other products similar to it? should i sell my amp for 100 bucks and get a whole new amp all together and llosing 200 bucks?

thanks guys
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I like the Womanizer best but if you play metal or hard rock, that is the best product for you.

The DC pedals are amazing and they work with tubes at full power so you get the most out of them. The only thing is some report the tubes to be cheap and have replaced them with better ones to get rid of the buzz. Also you do have to replace the tubes every now and then because they are working but its well worth it IMO.
demonizer with new tubes will work extreamly well
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
cool, ya i wanna get a metal sound out of my amp would the solid tube suit me better?
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
ive got a demonizer and welll tbh there isnt really any low end to it i think youd be better off gettin a metal muff instead.... but its up to you =]
You could run the demonizer through the fx loop of your amp or you could do like me and get the Solid metal and an eq pedal.

The solid metal can only do distortion, so no cleans. I run mine through tube amps though.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by LeeSmellyFinger
ive got a demonizer and welll tbh there isnt really any low end to it i think youd be better off gettin a metal muff instead.... but its up to you =]

You calling metal muff over demonizer,? Your not dialling it right
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by JWBlack
You could run the demonizer through the fx loop of your amp or you could do like me and get the Solid metal and an eq pedal.

The solid metal can only do distortion, so no cleans. I run mine through tube amps though.

so the demozier can do cleans how are they? and doesnt the solid tube have treble bass & mids on it?
Quote by Mackawade

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks