Hey I'm just getting into bass and I've mostly been looking into imroving over "The Real Book" I know a few of the arpeggios there, but I wanna learn some more. So far I have

MAJOR
G|-----------
D|-----------
A|---4-7-----
E|-5---------

MINOR
G|-----------
D|-----------
A|---3-7-----
E|-5---------

How do I do:
Major 7
Minor 7
Dominant 7
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Major 7: 1-3-5-7
Minor 7: 1-b3-5-b7
Dominant 7: 1-3-5-b7

If you don't know what these formulas mean, you need to spend some time learning the theory behind the major scale.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Major 7
---------------
-----------6-
----4--7------
-5-------------

Minor 7
-------------
----3--7----
-5-----------

Dominant 7
-------------
-----------5-
----4--7-----
-5-----------

All in A of course.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by thrash64
Major 7
---------------
-----------6-
----4--7------
-5-------------

Minor 7
-------------
----3--7----
-5-----------

Dominant 7
-------------
-----------5-
----4--7-----
-5-----------

All in A of course.

He shouldn't be memorizing these patterns. All of these arpeggios can be played all over the fretboard. He should be learning the intervals and notes in each of the chords.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Major 7: 1-3-5-7
Minor 7: 1-b3-5-b7
Dominant 7: 1-3-5-b7

If you don't know what these formulas mean, you need to spend some time learning the theory behind the major scale.

I know what those mean, but to be honest I'm lazy and I couldnt remember which had a 7 and which had a flatted 7, and i couldnt be arsed to get my music theory notebook to check it to be honest.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
I know what those mean, but to be honest I'm lazy and I couldnt remember which had a 7 and which had a flatted 7, and i couldnt be arsed to get my music theory notebook to check it to be honest.

you don't need to remember anything. a major 7th comes from the 7th note of a major scale, and a minor 7th comes from the 7th note of a minor scale, relevant to the root of the chord. its pretty logical
Quote by linfield44
you don't need to remember anything. a major 7th comes from the 7th note of a major scale, and a minor 7th comes from the 7th note of a minor scale, relevant to the root of the chord. its pretty logical

The interval of a major seventh may be found in the major scale, but there are plenty of chords with a major 7th that aren't diatonic at all.
A dominant seventh is basically a flatted seventh. You always assume that the seventh is flat unless something says otherwise. I unfortunately had to stop taking lessons before I could learn why all of this was so, but I assume that it's just for making chord naming easier.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^
That looks like it'll be really helpful to the TS and anyone else who is interested. Thank you so much for posting that
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Archeo Avis
He shouldn't be memorizing these patterns. All of these arpeggios can be played all over the fretboard. He should be learning the intervals and notes in each of the chords.

Archeo, not everyone is going to be as serious as we are, maybe this person just wants to jam with friends everyonce in a while.