I was looking around for a nice les paul on the internet a couple of minutes ago. I remembered that Epiphone had recently made a Slash signature. Anyways every site I go to, they says that they don't sell them or is discontinued. Also it is not on the Epiphone website. So I was wondering if they have already gotten rid of it or are they building a new one for 2008 or what? Can someone help me out that knows what is going on with this guitar?
Just remember two things:

1- Slash plays Gibson or custom built guitars
2- Epiphone has to pay Slash money for every one of those Epis they make

So a portion of the money you pay is going for his name and not parts. Not knocking it just pointing it out
I think it makes great business sense -- let's put Slash'es name on it and charge $200-300 more than its worth. No offence to the guy or Epi, but the guy plays the real thing and we all know it. He does hold one for videos and stuff though, if that means anything to you.
Stop showing off and play the music!
u shud stay away from sig guitars in general, save ureself some money
^ not all sig guitars are PIeces of **** but soem are, this one doenst look that bad, Its got a long tenon and duncans hell it eve had strap locks and locking tuners.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
it was just shown at NAMM. it's not out quite yet, but it's in the musician's friend catalog
Only Chuck Norris can prevent forest fires!
it had duncan alnico IIs in it so add 100$ per pickup so if it seem 200 more than a standard theres where it goes. It also has the long tenion thing which seems pretty sweet. Im actually thinking about getting an Epi LP soon and its either this one or the LP custom
Quote by guitarbite.fire
it had duncan alnico IIs in it so add 100$ per pickup so if it seem 200 more than a standard theres where it goes. It also has the long tenion thing which seems pretty sweet. Im actually thinking about getting an Epi LP soon and its either this one or the LP custom

Not really, Gibson pays a hell of a lot less for pickups then you do.

The box pickups come in cost more then the pickups themselves usually
^rite....well personally its worth it to me because id be putting alnico IIs in the custom if i decide to get it anyways
I never said it was a bad guitar -- just overpriced. Slash scored a record contract without EVER playing the real thing. The real problem isn't balls-out rock through a pre-amp, it is when the tone control starts getting lower. That is what hits the copies and the clones. You can add better pick-ups and upgrade -- I grant you that...
Stop showing off and play the music!
I am getting an Epiphone Les Paul soon, and it's between the LP Custom in black, or the Slash sig, since it already comes with everything I was going to upgrade it with...a bone nut, alnico II's, and it's in tobacco sunburst, which is my favorite color for the LP, which I can only get in the LP Custom Plus Top which isn't the exact color I want.
High as tits