Okay, I'm a HUGE Tool fan, love their music and everything. A few months ago, I saw them live for the first time, but me, being a heavy metal fan and having been to a lot of metal concerts before, was expecting something different. I was expecting moshing, crazy crowds and stuff like that.

Now don't get me wrong, even though there was none of that, I still enjoyed the concert. But the thing is, I don't think I went in with the right mindset, which is why I was slightly disappointed.

So I'd like to ask all of you who have attended Tool concerts before and know how it goes... First of all, is Maynard's mic supposed to be that low? What do you do if you get floor seats? Do they always have CHAIRS on the floor pit area? And like... what's it like? How is it different from a metal concert?
Tool is an adult's band. It's music you listen to to just get away from real life. It's heavy, but it's just a performance. You sit back, relax, smoke a bit of bud and enjoy the music. They put on an incredible show, but it's just not a moshing-type concert. It's very mature.
I don't have any nifty things to stick here, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Pancake Bunny
I saw tool in 2006, it was strange, the entire crowd just like stands and watches.

there was no seating at the venue.

It's different from other metal concerts because most metal bbands are fast paced and full of energy and you can jump like a loon.

Tool are mostly slow and sedate, they build you up to that crescendo of sound where everything crashes down on you.

on 2nd thought, Metal Forum.
Uhh...It depends ENTIRELY on the venue.

The first time I saw them I was seated. The second time I saw them I was at the very front of the pit, on the railings, pretty much center, only a few feet away from them. We even caught one of Danny Carey's drumsticks!

People were trying to mosh, I was just holding on to the railing because people wanted to be in my spot...So many bruises from that night. I was completely sore the next morning.
Quote by SchitzoJoe
Tool is an adult's band. It's music you listen to to just get away from real life. It's heavy, but it's just a performance. You sit back, relax, smoke a bit of bud and enjoy the music. They put on an incredible show, but it's just not a moshing-type concert. It's very mature.

When I saw em Maynard requested nobody smoke
Haven't you been to "a lot of metal concerts before?" Why are you asking how they are?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
The thing that annoyed me the most was that we had floor tickets... but there were chairs on the floor area... and Maynard's voice was very low, it was so hard to hear him,.
Quote by freedoms_stain
When I saw em Maynard requested nobody smoke

Screw that, Tool is great sober, but you have no idea the wonders it can bring after smokin' a bit of ganja.
I don't have any nifty things to stick here, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Pancake Bunny
So do they usually have chairs at their concerts on the floor area? And is Maynard's voice always that low?

But yeah, basically for all of you that have been to, both, a heavy metal concert and a Tool concert, I'd just like to know if you noticed the same differences I did.
Tool usually has an amazing Light show, they're more of a visual band, relax and watch. it's not about moshing and getting crazy. Also, like others have suggested, weed is nice.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Yeah, from what I've seen there's 90% of the time chairs on the GA area.

And Maynard's voice wasn't too low at our concert. It was somewhat low at first, but you got used to it after awhile.

The lightshow was ****ing incredible, though.

Pancake Bunny
Quote by SchitzoJoe

LMAO more like a band for angsty 15 year-olds.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i would have preferred chairs at the uk shows they did because they arent a moshing kind of band...and you cant headbang in 7/8
I saw them, just completely amazing. Don't go in expecting a regular type of gig. There isn't much jumping or moshing. Just listen and watch.
Its not hardcore man, your supposed to go for the music not the experience of moshing around in chaos. For that you need to go to metal concerts ala, behemoth, nile, cannibal corpse etc..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Of course! THAT'S why the majority of the people there looked 35-40+!

Pancake Bunny
When I saw them they had chairs on the floor and there was no jumping around and moshing. Just pushing trying to get closer to the stage.
Sig What?
Quote by SchitzoJoe
Of course! THAT'S why the majority of the people there looked 35-40+!

Suuuuure
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule

How the hell would it be for 15 year olds?

stupid comments aside, Tool is just about the music, that's why they just kind of stand still and just play music. I haven't been to a Tool concert, but I hear the lighting effects are sweet also.